My Mum forgot my birthday yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mum forgot my birthday yesterday.

She is 94yrs old now and even though she was reminded several times by my daughter about my birthday - she forgot :-(

Her memory is getting so much worse. It is going downhill fast. I'm so sad.

Someone said today - that is not your Mum. Her body is still here - but your Mum (as you remember her) has gone.

My sister was in hospital for a week 2 weeks ago, and even though she rang Mum every day from hospital, Mum never remembered she was there.
    When she got home Mum was very offended no one had told her.

I know you cant do or say much. I just needed to tell someone and get it off my chest.

Re: My Mum forgot my birthday yesterday.

Well Happy Belated Birthday to you! Sorry ur Mom forgot ur birthday but it sure is a blessing to have a Mom who has lived such a long life.

My Grandma just turned 100 and at this point in her life it's all about taking care of her and making sure she sees one more birthday - she still knows people although she is a bit slow to recollect.

And Welcome to CopyKat Chat! New Zealand certainly is a beautiful part of the world!!

Comment

It is not fair for this to happen to anyone. I feel so sorry for my Mum. She didnt deserve this. But we still love her and will miss her so much when she's gone.

Thanks for the welcome. I have been about CK for years - but a while ago I went to sign in and my name was not accepted - so I got another name.

Comment

It is sad to see them go downhill so to speak but I do cherish each day with my Grandmother and will miss her terribly when she is gone - she is such a wealth of wisdom and love.

Ur Mom must have been a wonderful Mom - just continue to cherish each moment with her..and I hope you'll post often - maybe share some of ur Mom's terrific recipes!

Comment

My Mum and your Grandma would have lots of stories to tell.

My Mum used to be a good cook - nothing elaborate and fancy, but wholesome and yummy. She was a ministers wife and was used to cooking for big crowds. And also very often, she made our dinner stretch to be enough for unexpected guests, who she "knew" , needed feeding.

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday to you!
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I know how you feel. Mine has remember mine in a few years. I think I posted yesterday she told the nurse that she hadn't seen me in a year, that I moved to Africa.
              The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday Nanny and (((Hugs))).

I am very thankful that my Mom is still healthy. It has been a real struggle to get her to put her name in for an apartment at the Senior's Centre. She'll be 88 in a couple of months and has had a small stroke and has fallen a couple of times.

It took more than 2 years of constant suggesting, pushing, begging, even nagging, for her to even consider the idea. Now that she finally 'bit the bullet' and registered for an apartment, she wants it yesterday....and she is still 128 on the list.
                Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Happy Birthday! My mom died at 36, but MIL will be 95. You can have a great conversation with her but she won't remember it a minute later. But, you know, she doesn't realize she doesn't remember. She can still walk- with a walker. She has no chronic illness - hip hurts once in a while - whose doesn't? I think they should study her genes because her diet has never been great and yet she did fine with her health. Coffee and cake for breakfast, tea and cake for lunch and a decent dinner. I gave her vitamin C pills once years ago and she broke out in hives! So, just remember she is OK with forgetting, it is the rest of the family that is hurting.

Have a neighbor who is not getting enough oxygen to the brain and she knows she is losing it. That is really tough.

Comment

my daddy's 96yrs of age..and it's been yrs since he remember my birthday..

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday!!

Sorry about your Mum. I've been there, too. It is true that the person your Mum was doesn't live in her body any more. That doesn't mean that you love them any less but when they die it's like you've lost them twice.
                      It is a horrible thing to happen to anyone. ((((hugs))))

Comment

Ditto what Chicky said..

Comment

I remember the last time I was my grandmother in the hospital, she didn't know who I was but, she was very nice to me...lol she had Alzheimer and had a stroke and I couldn't tell anything she was saying to me.

but, happy belated birthday!
                          "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

That's very sad. I hope you had a good birthday anyway.
                            Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Hey, nannyoffour, what was your mom like in her younger years? Tell me about her.
                              Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

Working...
                              X