Big Daddy's House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Daddy's House

Ok, I'm not too fond of Aaron's show but his recipe ideas Rock! Today we had a Welcome Home Party for my Aunt who came back from Italy and I made the Broccoli Cheese Casserole he made on his show this past Sunday. Everyone loved it...including me.

Has anyone tried any of his recipes?
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Re: Big Daddy's House

I like his food, but I don't like his persona..Is that the word I'm looking for? And he's turns his back to us way too often.. And talks too fast.. I'll have to check out that casserole tho.. He does make a lot of casserole sides.

Comment

He seems to cook a lot of beef. I saw that casserole and it did look good. I like him, he isn't fake.

Comment

I haven't been able to catch his show yet! Who's sitting in front of the TV at 1:30 on a Sunday afternoon? Not me, so far!
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I posted the recipe for the broccoli casserole in Recipes to Try.
          Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

eeewwww....he sweats alot too. I'd hate for that to fall into my food.

Comment

they have not posted any of his recipes on the food network site,his site there, and wonder why; that is what keeps me watching the shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Ro-Ro View Post
                eeewwww....he sweats alot too. I'd hate for that to fall into my food.
                And he even addresses the fact that he sweats a lot ! Ewwwwwww is right..!

Comment

Can't stand a man that wears and earring in each ear. One ear is bad enough, and sorry but I just don't see him as being "Big Daddy".

I watched his first show for a hot minute, then tuned out.

I like Sunny Andersen, and the chick from Florida!

Comment

I haven't watched many of his programs. As a matter of fact, I don't watch the Food Network much at all anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat2 View Post
                      Can't stand a man that wears and earring in each ear. One ear is bad enough, and sorry but I just don't see him as being "Big Daddy".

I watched his first show for a hot minute, then tuned out.

I like Sunny Andersen, and the chick from Florida!
                      Buckwheat I don't like the earrings either. I like Sunny and took her brining recipe for fried chicken. The chick from Florida irritates the hell out of me. I think her show is Simply Delicioso. I've checked out her recipes on line and there is nothing I would make. Have you tried any of their recipes?

Comment

I wanted Lisa Garza to win.

Comment

LOL! Yes, Ms. Hoffman can be an irritant sometimes. I have tried a pork roast recipe well over a year ago and it was delicious! Well seasoned and tender. I can't remember the name of it and will have to dig for the recipe. I also recently tried her Sneaky Citrus Punch recipe and she is right, it is sneaky! Everyone enjoyed it.

I also agree with whomever wrote about that "Big Daddy" sweating. Once I see you sweating and wipeing it off I am done! Lol, lol.

It is funny you mentioned Sunny's fried chicken. I have 2 chickens in her brine right now to be fried for tomorrow. It is a delicious recipe, and the chicken was well seasoned. I only added a good pinch of Creole seasoning to the brine along with the salt (you can use less), but followed the recipe exactly. I served it at one family dinner and they were asking for more so I am doing it again.

I also like her Mac & Cheese recipe because it is almost like my own recipe, except I do not use bread crumbs or croutons.

What do you think of Nigella? Anyone?

Comment

I love Nigella Lawson, but they seem to keep moving her around (along with a lot of my other old favs). Nigella seems like she'd be great fun to be with and she's so uninhibited about food and her sometimes haphazard ways of cooking (gets a tad messy but not sloppy). She isn't some bitty little old thing either like Giada (whom I also like though) Nigella seems "real" and isn't afraid to show it. Love how at the end of her shows she sneaks into the fridge late at night and just gobbles up, without holding back, anything she just made. She just chomps right into the stuff no holding back.

DH is attracted to her because of her dark hair and "buxom" features.....he said, "ah, finally a real woman", lol. I said well Paula Deen is a "buxom" too, but he said there's NO comparison there!!! JMHO.........but Paula is getting out of hand with her "Paula's Party" show and all her drooling over the boy toys. Nigella might be all woman, but she's at least a "classy" woman to boot unlike what Paula's become.

Also love Nigella's recipes and love to listen to her accent.
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Happy that someone likes her as I do.

I agree she is one that is kicked back in her kitchen and she comes off as being for real, and your husband has good taste ! Lol, lol

I think she is a class act!

Comment

Working...
                              X