school dress code, earrings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• school dress code, earrings

this summer my girls got their cartildge's pierced. the upper ear.

they have thin tiny hoops in them now. they are just now able to change out the earring. changing different hoops, different colored beads...

today at school, this asst. principle dude who is known to be an ass tells my DD and several others that the earring has to come out and a clear stud has to go in.

reading the new school book, it only says boys cannot wear earrings. says nothing about girls. says nothing about facial piercings either.

somewhere it says they can change the rules if it interferes with safety, or will harm them due to the activity...?

this is not the case. not in my opinion.
    the upper ear earring is not different than any other earring. girls are wearing huge hopps that are more dangerous than a tiny hoop in the upper ear...

i think the dude is taking his job a little too far.
    handbook says nothing of it.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: school dress code, earrings

then take it to the school board and find out if he has the power to decide

Comment

What difference does it make whether it is a clear stud or a little ring, or colored stud?? Do they not have anything else to worry about at that school??? Sounds like that guy has too much time on his hands, and his efforts could be well spent working on something worthwhile...
      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

i agree lauren,that guy needs to focus on kids learning...

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post
          then take it to the school board and find out if he has the power to decide
          yea I will.
          however she got home at 6pm today from school. I just found out.
          that is a given that I will call on it myself.
          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I would think that the biggest problem with ANY piercing would be if the person played sports. A hoop, even a stud would be so easy to 'catch' in certain sports. As a parent and as a school official, I would be more concerned with clothing (the lack of), visible tattoos(gang type or offensive) and flagrant exhibitionism. Oh and those idjits who still have to wear their jeans with the crotch around their knees and having to hitch them up every 3 steps. I will be sooooo happy once that fad dies completely. Unless of course, all those fellows were just practicing to become plumbers.....hmmmmm......
            Last edited by Ginger; 08-27-2008, 07:42 PM.
            Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

That is so ridiculous... This does need to be addressed to the school board.. Sounds like his power has gone to his head.

Comment

I'm all for a dress code. I think kids need to dress like kids and use common sense and moderation. However, I don't agree with this particular incident. In no way is what Stella described a distraction towards learning, sexually oriented or physically/mentally harmful to students and that's what dress codes should be for.

Comment

Working...
                X