This weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This weekend

Having approx 20 guests over on Sunday, a few kids included. I do not want to stand in front of the grill for much of the afternoon and evening. I would like to prepare most of the food ahead of time. I was thinking of grilling chicken for fajitas and cooking beef for tacos etc. Both of which I could do the night before. I would prepare the fajita veggies and other toppings the day of, along with bean and rice sides. Suggestions and ideas appreciated.

Re: This weekend

sounds good to me,id make a good cheese dip and plenty of tortilla chips too

Comment

I agree with TX - some dips or guacamole and chips. Need something they can munch on as soon as they get there. Maybe some kind of punch for the kids.

Comment

baked beans plus are super good.

crock pot deals are most awesome. you can put buffalo chicken dip in the crock pot, and caso, and sloppy joe, for the kids...

guacamole ou can make that morning, remove all air from the dip so it doesn't turn brown.

what you grilling? you do burgers those are quick. you can do fajitas and just reheat, or are you stuck on BBQ? you can prepare a fettucini the ight before and just reheat it.

you can make chicken salad the night before and prepare them later that morning.
        or you can make sub sandwiches, those are more filling.

how many crock pots ya got?
        you can put little smokies with BBQ sauce in one, meatballs and sauce in another.
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

you can grill some Jalapeņo popper's and fry some fish for fish taco's with chipotle mayo on the side.
          "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

This all sounds good..! Got room for one more?

Comment

Chicken and sausages can be precooked and just thrown back on the barbie for a 15 minute re-heat. Potato, pasta or rice salads can all easily be made the night before. If there are kids, there have to be hot dogs. Don't take long to cook, are crowd pleasing and can stay warm almost indefinitely.

Like the others said, chips, veggies, dip, salsa, that's all easy to have ready. Dessert can be as easy as a couple of bought cakes or fruit salad or even a cut up fruit tray with a vanilla yoghurt dip.

You have not posted where you are located. That often dictates what kind of food would be suggested.
              Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana View Post
                This all sounds good..! Got room for one more?
                HOW ABOUT 2 MORE. JANA COME UP TO TORCH LAKE FOR THE DAY ON SATURDAY AND THEN WE'LL CRASH THE PARTY ON SUNDAY.
                SHEL

Comment

Originally posted by SHEL View Post
                  HOW ABOUT 2 MORE. JANA COME UP TO TORCH LAKE FOR THE DAY ON SATURDAY AND THEN WE'LL CRASH THE PARTY ON SUNDAY.
                  Sounds like a plan Shel !! What time ??

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana View Post
                    Sounds like a plan Shel !! What time ??
                    WE ARE LEAVING SATURDAY MORNING. SO SEE WHAT TIME YOU CAN FLY INTO MBS (ONLY 5 MILES FROM MY HOUSE) WE'LL PICK YOU UP AND HEAD NORTH
                    SHEL

Comment

Working...
                    X