My Mom Got A Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mom Got A Letter

My Mom Just Got A 3 Page Letter From Her Sister Pointing Out Everything My Mom Has Done To Ruin Her Life. She Even Told My Mom How Hurt Her Children Were That They Wern't Invited To My 1st Wedding. (we Had As Age Limit Of 12--we Had 450 People Invited And Needed The Room For Adults--we Had One Acception My Godsone Who Was 10) My Mom Is Pretty Upset Over Getting This Letter. The Letter Ended W/ "tell Bob Thanks For Making My Family Feel Like Low Life Scum."
    SHEL

Re: My Mom Got A Letter

I'm Sorry. I Don't Know Why People Do Hurtful Things Like That. Kinda Show's Who The Low Life Scum May Be!!!

Hope Everything Blows Over Or Up Soon!!

Comment

I am sorry. Makes you wonder why she felt the need to write that kind of letter after all these years ? I wonder if there is something else going on? Has you mother had a good relationship with her sister in the past or has there always been problems?

Comment

My Mom's Sister Is One Who Will Let Something Get To Her And Not Talk To Her Brother And Sisters For Quite A While. It Took Her About A Year To Talk To My Mom After My First Wedding.

So No They Don't Have A Great Relationship.

My Aunt And Her Oldest Daughter Came To My Parents For The 4th Of Jul Weekend. Everythign Was Fine Then. There Was A Family Reunion On Sunday And I Guess Something Bothered My Aunt There.

But To Tell My Mom That She Ruined Her Life? Come On.
        SHEL

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
          I'm Sorry. I Don't Know Why People Do Hurtful Things Like That. Kinda Show's Who The Low Life Scum May Be!!!

Hope Everything Blows Over Or Up Soon!!
          MY MOM'S OTHER SISTERS MADE A JOKE AFTER THE FAMILY REUNION THAT DEB WAS MADE AND THAT IT USUALLY TAKE A YEAR AND A HALF BEFORE SHE TALKS TO THEM SO THEY FIGURE IT WILL BE NEXT X-MAS BEFORE SHE COMES AROUND.
          SHEL

Comment

It's one thing to write a heartfelt letter to explain how you feel... but that sounded like a bunch of name calling... not productive!!
            "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by luvs2eat View Post
              It's one thing to write a heartfelt letter to explain how you feel... but that sounded like a bunch of name calling... not productive!!
              THAT IS HOW I AM TAKING IT. MY MOM SAID I CAN READ THE LETTER SATURDAY WHEN WE DROP RILEY OFF ON OUR WAY UPNORTH.
              SHEL

Comment

Sounds to me like the sister needs to take responsibility for what is wrong in her life and don't blame it on other people, i.e. your mother. And why not do it face to face, talk it out, writing a letter is the easy way out.
                I hope your mother is able to consider the scource and let it go. But I know that is so much easier said then done.

Comment

Someone ought to tell her that no one can ruin your life unless you let them!

Comment

Shel, I am so sorry for Mom and the letter. My sister is the same way, every one has ruined her's and her family's life. As Sabine said, she needs to take responsibility for her actions/life and move on. Growing up, my sister actually believed the normal family life was Leave it to Beaver, and the Donna Reed show, no kidding. I love my sister dearly, but doesn't mean I have to like her, or let her dump on me. I hope your Mom is strong enough to consider the source, and move on. Support her right now, and remind her how special she really is in many, many people's lives. My arms are around your Mom right now,Laura

Comment

thanks everyone for your responses. you guys are the greatest.
                      SHEL

Comment

Family can crueler than strangers.

Comment

I'll bet your mom will handle it just right. Who was it here that wanted to write a letter to her parents? Maybe this will convince her otherwise.

(((((Shel)))))
                          Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

Working...
                          X