Vita-mix and the Total Blender...need opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vita-mix and the Total Blender...need opinions

We have seen the Vix-mix blender at the state fair the past few years and have debated about getting one (the cost has kept us from doing so). I just googled it and came up with a website that compared it with the "Total Blender".

I'd love to hear your opinions on both blenders.

Thanks,
    Gina
    John 10:9
    www.opendoorchili.org

Re: Vita-mix and the Total Blender...need opinions

What are you looking to do with it? I purchased a Braun last year ($50) because Cooks Illustrated rated it above some very expensive models. However, I also have a food processor and a Juicer. So between the three, one of them is perfect for whatever I need done, LOL!

Comment

I bought the total blender about a month ago. I have not used it a lot yet, but for the few things I have made so far. It is pretty cool. DS just moved and wanted to buy one for himself untill I told him how much it costs. I made smoothies with it, and like that you just put in the ingredients and push smoothie. It stops by itself when done. I just made fresh tomato basil soup the other night with it. I don't know how it does it, but it makes the soup and heats it up too. LOL!

Comment

My experience is only with Vita-Mix, and I got a commercial grade one probably 12-15 years ago. I didn't have luck with grinding sugar into confectioner sugar (it was always grainy) nor with ice cream. But it was fantastic for grinding wheat and other grains into fine flours. We didn't care to use it for juicing because it incorporated the pulp into the juice, and while that sounds great and healthy, we just didn't like the juice that way. It was used a lot for smoothies, guacamole and in place of a "regular" blender.

Just a few months ago I gave the Vita-Mix to my son, who wanted one and I planned to get rid of mine because I didn't use it much the past few years. I certainly got my money's worth and it was a quality piece of equipment.

One thing to keep in mind is that the more jobs one piece of equipment is able to do, the lesser quality on some of these jobs is to be expected. I didn't use the Vita-Mix for nearly half of the things I planned on when I bought it.

I'm not familiar with the Total Blender. I now use a Magic Bullet and I like it a lot, and it's much cheaper than other juicers/blenders out there.

Comment

I am not sure what the total blender is, but I am on my 2nd vita mix in the last 20 yrs.(I saw one the first time in 1965 at the worlds fair and wanted on then -however 10 yr olds don't get $100 blenders back then) it is my favorite appliance. One Christmas, I had bought the commercial one ($300) for my sister but I think it is not the same.

Comment

To me, this sounds like an appliance that you buy, use once or twice and find out how much trouble it is and put it away in the closet(never to be seen again).

Comment

Working...
            X