A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C

My a/c bill came in right around $300.00....yikes!

I remember in the "old Days" we didn't have a/c and we did just fine with fans. Seems its hotter these days than it was back then. (globel warming). We didn't have dryers either. I was the person who had to hang the clothes on the line.
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Re: A/C

oh my gosh, I would love to have a 300 dollar bill.

how big is your house?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

2,400 s.f. We keep the temp around 73 (I get really bad headaches if it goes to 75 or higher).

Comment

You would have a headache here, 76. I will tell everyone this, how old is your a/c unit??? We replace 2 units last yr. living in Az. is hard enough but 13yrs old & cheap units (we have 2) most people here have 2 units. We now have lowered our bills because those old ones use up more electricity to keep up. If anyone has a/c units over 13yrs you may want to think about replacing them, try to do it in the winter when they are on sale & our electric co. gave out rebates too. Big difference in the bill.

Comment

Replaced the unit approx 3 1/2 yrs ago and went with a bigger unit too. DH replaces the filters on a regular basis and flushes everything out as it should be.

Comment

Ro we are saving money but our electric co. seems to increase rates every year. We are at their mercy but they take advantage because my whole house is electric and they can do whatever they want. Wish we had a few electric companies so we could choose. Then they could compete for customers. We are all in the same boat.

Comment

I'm not sure it's so much hotter, it's just that we are used to a/c everywhere we go. We have it in the car, at every store we go to, and then we cannot come home to a hot house.
              I remember when we used to have all the windows open (even at night)...it's not safe to do that anymore.

73°?? I would freeze if it was that cold in here all the time. I have mine at 78° during the day and 75° at night. Maybe your unit is not removing the humidity right.

Comment

It's the electric company, they can raise their rates any darn time they please and since we only got one electric com we are at their mercy. All my appliances are engery saving. I even got those lightbulbs too. Az. they always start the increase in mid March when we don't need a/c or heat. Makes me so mad because I know when summer comes the increase passes threw so we will pay more. It's a no win for the consumers. How much more can we do?? Can't wait the the increase for next summer. Bills will be more than this yr. Well, the ones that need heat can't wait for that. They will increase it too. Feel bad for the ones that live in colder states. Winter will cost even more than last year.

Comment

DANG! I would die if I had a $300. a/c bill. I just paid our bill for last month and running the a/c everyday and keeping it at 78* all the time my bill was just $80.60. And it's not much more then that in the winter for heat.

Comment

In the "Winter" we don't even turn the heat on. Remember I live in Florida and we don't have much of a Winter here.

Comment

Ro, you have the same electric company as me don't you?? Withalacochee?? I was just talking to someone yesterday and they said there was just a 30% increase in their rates. Mine was about the same as yours. I figured we'll only have a couple of more like before it's nice.
                      The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Wow Vickie...where do you live?
                        You are so lucky to have a bill that low this time of the year!!
                        I chose balanced billing...it just works better for me. I keep a/c set at 75-76 in summer & 68-70 in the winter when needed...like if it freezes...I hate central heat.
                        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Our Electric Bill Has Been Cheaper Than It Has Been In Several Yrs. Last Month Was $318, This Month $259. Last Year At This Time It Was $400!!! One Of The Electric Companies In Town Wasn't Reading Meters, Just "estimating" And Last Month They Read The Meters, People Were Getting $800 And More, Electric Bills!!! Thank God I Didnt'!!!

Comment

I remember when I lived in Houston we'd have to keep the AC on 73 just to get the humidity out of the air. Now I live in California and even though it can be 105 in August, we keep the AC on 79-80. Our bill last month was about $250, for a 2-story 2800 sq. ft. house.

Comment

I guess I can't complain. We have a 3500 sqf , 2 story house , and have 3 seperate A / C units. And we have all 3 running. Our last bill was $ 200.54, not bad. And it's been very hot this summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X