Your plans for this holiday wknd???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your plans for this holiday wknd???

Our plans are mainly our annual fundraising horseshoe tournament, held here at our home. It has grown over the years greatly. Every year we take a portion and contribute funds made to our local food bank and, last year we made 10 thousand for a local man who needed a kidney transplant, to help off set costs. This year we have another local family who's girls lost their Dad to cancer, we are contributing to the girls education. Hope it is another great day.
    Hope you are have a fun weekend!
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Re: Your plans for this holiday wknd???

that sounds really awesome mudder !!!!!! wish we had just as exciting news here.

our weekend plans have changed to a hurricane party. so to speak.
    guess it'll force me to do some much needed inside chores.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Mudderbear, your group sure is special. It sounds like a lot of fun and if we lived a little (well, a lot) closer, we'd love to attend.

I am beginning to believe that it is called Labour day for a reason. We have an incredibly busy weekend planned, catching up on yard work, DH working on finishing stuff in my new kitchen, I have a scrub top that I absolutely must get sewn for DD who is 'busting out of her clothes' (she's preggers ) and needs it for work, hot tub needs cleaning and those are just the most important things on the list. Yeah I think I'm gonna need a long weekend to recover from this long weekend.
      Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Good luck in the tournament Mudder!!! We do fundraisers all the time on our bike, makes you feel good to help someone who needs it!!! Keep it up!

Mom's having a family dinner at her house tomorrow at 2. DS's 24th birthday is Tuesday, So I'll probably cook him whatever he wants Monday for an early celebration. Nothing real spectacular happening here.

Comment

NO plans here, just another weekend.

Comment

No plans here either but I'm not exactly sad about that. In fact, I'm enjoying it since I never get to do NOTHING. I return to work on Tuesday (have been off since last Tuesday).
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

My plans are to get the heck out of dodge, stupid hurricane.

Comment

Originally posted by wessnicki View Post
                My plans are to get the heck out of dodge, stupid hurricane.

Good luck Wessnicki!!!
                The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

This weekend I went to L.A., I did homework, went to a potluck, and tomorrow I'm going waterskiing with friends. Monday will be more homework and laundry. I might even try getting my floors mopped and my bathroom cleaned.
                  Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

I want a quiet weekend but DD moving to college has really been something, last weekend twice down there unpacking stuff, today down again to Target and got more crap 3 times walking carry things up & down. She is lucky got an apt with a roommate, but they have a little kitchen & between us & roommate getting it all together. I'm worn out, DH is too. It is getting better with trying to get all the things they need. I think we are done moving in all the major items. They need everything, I was lucky yesterday Boyfriend & her went grocery shopping, big shopping ( I was going to do that today) but she said it took them 5 trips back & forth with the car parked so far away. I think most of it is done. Yeah!!! Now the rest of the weekend is just DH & me.

Comment

We're in the middle of moving. On Monday, I expect we'll be cleaning our old apartment in order to get our deposit back.

I'm so exhausted. I've been working too hard the last few days, packing and moving things. From here out, I'm only unpacking. I've done enough strenuous work. We got a new side by side Kenmore fridge today. I'm ecstatic about that!! No more making ice! Yay!

Have a pleasant week end, everyone!
                      Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

No plans here, did 5 loads of laundry today, dinner will be easy, tequila lime grilled chicken breasts for sandwiches, sliced tomatoes, cottage cheese, cranberry relish, maybe small salads. Tomorrow, quiet day also.

Comment

Bette, take care of your busy self. Don't make it so that you get sick the first breather you get. That's what happens to me when I get in my overly busy mode. I know you have to do what you have to do, but just take some breaks for yourself. Congrats on the new place and hope it's filled with many happy times and memories!!!
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

We are smoking a brisket for tomorrow. It will probably be raining but we will enjoy it nonetheless..Happy Labor Day to you all!!!
                            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

taking it easy and enjoying the time off.

Comment

Working...
                              X