High School Football.....survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Football.....survey

Ok, so a strange/odd/just seems off kind of thing happened. My ds who plays hs football and is very passionate about his sport, told me that the newspapers in Harrisburg, pa, were trashing our team over their game that they were to have this past friday. Now harrisburg is three hours away from us. You would think this was the tv show "Friday Night Lights"

Ok so, my question is.....In your area, is high school football a frenzy kind of sport?

It is in Altoona, PA

dragun

Re: High School Football.....survey

Yep....same thing here. I remember it was the same way when I was in high school.
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

not sure what you are asking, but here football is so big because, for one it's a small town, and we have so many of the community kids involved. many times what the football or band did is on the front page of the newspaper.

no one trashes anyone on the paper. if we are losers it never shows in the paper.

we have over 300 marching band students, that goes with the football team, cheerleaders and 50 drill team girls. the entire town supports them.

everyone has always been a good sport about the games on both sides.
      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

not sure what you are asking, but here football is so big because, for one it's a small town, and we have so many of the community kids involved. many times what the football or band did is on the front page of the newspaper.

no one trashes anyone on the paper. if we are losers it never shows in the paper.

we have over 300 marching band students, that goes with the football team, cheerleaders and 50 drill team girls. the entire town supports them.

everyone has always been a good sport about the games on both sides.
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Mont Belvieu is serious about all of the sports the school has to offer. They have an excellent bunch of kids out here.
          Grandson #1 is frequently in the Beaumont news and is on a team that went to state.They live in Buna, Texas.They didn't win , but we were VERY proud of course. I love all of the High School sports! Yes, I guess you could say it's a pretty big deal this way too...
          Last edited by TexAnn; 08-31-2008, 12:36 PM.
          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

we have football frenzy here as well..i'm not aware of newspapers trashing us..but then they have every right too..we don't have the greatest team..but we do have a pretty good band..for a small highschool..infact we placed 3rd in the valley..

Comment

HS football is a very big thing here in SA and surrounding areas, always has been. I am not aware of any trashing my the local papers.

Comment

Yup. Small town, well supported sports, not just football.

Comment

Oh my Dragun.........."I" am in Harrisburg, PA!!! Sorry to hear they've been trashing you guys up there in "Happy Valley" country. Not fair at all and the season's just begun!!!

Yes, football season around these parts is frenzied. At my job, let me tell you what........I am sick to death of the macho males who eat, sleep, breath and dream about football. The one higher up is a pompous a$$ coach for one of our local high schools and he starts pacing the hallways ALL DAY LONG beginning early Friday mornings until the end of the day as he bolts out the door to go to the games. UGH......so, immature and ridiculous. The one guy retired last year and I'm so relieved because it's one less person I have to hear yakking about football like it's a life or death matter.

DH is a huge football fan too, but he's not arrogant about it like some of these guys. Again, sorry your team has gotten trashed by people in my locale. I apologize for the behavior of entire city of Harrisburg for being so un-sportsman like that.
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

I went to a smaller high school in central NJ... we had no football team, altho I hear it's grown enough (in nearly 40 years) that now they do have one. When I had kids, they were in an even smaller school system (1,000 kids, K-12... oldest DD's class only had 52 graduates)... no football their either. Perhaps that's why I couldn't care less about football??
                    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Oh yeah.... Football and Football players rule the schools around here, all other sports and school activities are put on the back burners. I think it's rediculous. But, we're not football people. The choir my DD was in couldn't go to certain shows/contests, because all the money was going towards football.

Ok, I'm off my soap box! lol

Comment

we have a few schools that everyone wants to beat, but nothing in the papers or anything. The kids go paint each other's fields and stuff like that
                        DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Sports are important here, but not to the extent that a team is ever trashed in any newspaper.

Comment

Working...
                          X