So... now what do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... now what do I do?

Remember all the fun I had at my oldest DD's party now going on 3 weeks ago before she moved to Portand? I dropped her and her sweet boyfriend and boyfriend's mom (my old nursing school roomie) at the airport and off they went to start their new life!

And the days passed... and passed... I left DD messages... and waited... and waited. In my last phone message, I said, "I can't imagine why you're not calling me unless you're angry at me for some reason I don't know about... so please enlighten me??" Nothing... and nothing...

Finally last night... she responded to my short email saying simply, "WTF... this is not cool" and wrote that she'd been busy, everything was fine, she'd call soon. I know she's been busy... but come on... a 5-min. phone call??

I must admit that I'm incredibly hurt. I spent the whole day of her party cooking food and going out to buy the booze cause I knew the day was going to be hard for her. I didn't even THINK about all I did until I got nothing... not a "thanks"... not a "lemme give you some $$ for the beer"... not a "you're the only family of mine who came"... nothing.

Boyfrend called his mom more than a week ago to thank her for coming all that way to see them off.

What would you do in this situation? I'll tell her I am hurt... but all I see coming out of that is more silence.

Geez... I hate my kids sometimes.
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Re: So... now what do I do?

Luvs, its time for you to get a life now,she has hers,but she should call more and keep in touch,but your free to do whatever you want,so do it, lol

Comment

id give her a taste of her own medicine.

giddy
      JESUS is LOVE and FORGIVENESS

Comment

I agree with giddy. Make yourself scarce.

Comment

this is the same DD, who's father, your ex, threw her a party and you and the boyfriend's mom crashed it?

perhaps things didn't turn out like she planned, and she's bitter about the whole thing.??

otherwise I really don't know. But yea she needs to speak up about what is buggin her. always best to clear the air rather than just being ugly.
          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

My DD is like that, We almost never hear from her and she lives 10 miles away. DS, now that's a different story, we can't get him to leave us alone! lol

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

We didn't crash the party. We were both invited, but DD and her boyfriend certainly didn't expect us to show up as we both live in other states. Ex, who threw her the party went out of town and wasn't there.

I do need more of a life... it'll keep me busier ...
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

i rarely talked to my parents when i left home,now that dad is sick i see them every week,your kids always know you love them,you just gotta set them free for awhile and they will come back

Comment

you were invited, with the intentions of not showing up, and you did.
                  ex was not there.

I'm telling you she's ticked off about that. let it go, she'll get over it, and come around later.
                  kids in their early 20 are worse than teenagers most of the time.
                  I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I agree w/Stella as far as kids in their 20s go. Granted, it was 40+ years ago, but I can vividly recall being TOTALLY self-centered during those years. There were probably times when I didn't call my mother for 9-10 days. It's just a stage of life. It later turns back around. BTW, I experienced the same thing when my 2 DDs were in their 20s/early 30s.

Comment

Have you considered talking to her boyfriend ? Maybe he can shed some light on what's happening with her ?
                      I talk to my kids every week, and if not talk, we email each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X