Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Hanna

Next hurricane update.

MIAMI The National Hurricane Center has upgraded Hanna to a hurricane as it brings waves, rain and blustery winds to the Turks and Caicos.

Hurricane warnings were issued for the island chain and the central and southeastern Bahamas on Monday and forecasters warned that the storm could strike the U.S. mainland.

Meteorologists say it could hit anywhere from Miami to the outer banks of North Carolina later in the week.

At 1:30 p.m. EDT, Hanna's center was located near Mayaguana Island in the southeastern Bahamas.

Hanna is the eighth named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season and comes on the heels of Gustav, which battered the Gulf Coast on Monday.

A hurricane warning means hurricane conditions are expected within the next 24 hours.

Re: Hurricane Hanna

DD is currently at lunch with her friend Hanna.

I thought it was strange hanna hurricane didn't include an H at the end. more common spelling. seen it both ways tho.

well DD asked can i go to lunch with hanna?
    I said yea where ya'll going.

DS ticked her off lol
    he said you cannot drive to florida !!!
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

http://www.opentopia.com/sunlightmaprect.html

Have you seen this? It shows where the hurricanes are.
      Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

Hurricane season just started not to long ago, and already we have all these storms.

Comment

(puff.....puff.....puff)........ I'm blowing Hanna away!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now there's tropical storm Ike. They said that this is a record...four hurricanes hitting the US in one week.
          The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Working...
          X