Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

    The pics are in my albums. I've never seen anything like it!

  • #2
    Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

    No TasteBud, I don't believe I have ever seen anything like it either!
    Looks kind of like some sort of hummingbird...very interesting little fellow isn't he?
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

      Originally posted by TexAnn View Post
      No TasteBud, I don't believe I have ever seen anything like it either!
      Looks kind of like some sort of hummingbird...very interesting little fellow isn't he?
      TexAnn, that's exactly what I thought also. Reminds me of a hummingbird.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

        Kinda looks like some kind of hornet.
        The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

          Its like a cross between a humming bird and a bug!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

            I found it!!!

            It's a Hummingbird Clearwing Moth.

            I found it on whatsthatbug.com.
            The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

              I think these are the moths that lay eggs that develop into tomato hornworms.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

                Thanks floridagirly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

                  very sweet !! learn sumptin new every day !

                  http://www.silkmoths.bizland.com/hthysbe.htm
                  I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

                    Very cool Stella...Loved reading about the fellow. Thanks!
                    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

                      cute little guy isn't he? !!
                      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

                        We had one last year, the first I'd ever seen. I googled to find out what it was too. Very unique creature. The one I saw was feeding on some blooms, and the "tongue" was at least a foot long!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

                          Originally posted by luv2bake View Post
                          We had one last year, the first I'd ever seen. I googled to find out what it was too. Very unique creature. The one I saw was feeding on some blooms, and the "tongue" was at least a foot long!

                          .......
                          The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

                            MaryJo is right about it being the worm that eats on mater plants. We have several of them all spring, summer, and fall long. In fact my boys have gotten the mater hook worms and watched them go through their stages to become a hummingbird moth. The moths feed regularly on my 4 o'clocks.
                            ""Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.""

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Has anyone ever seen a bug like this?????

                              Originally posted by tami View Post
                              MaryJo is right about it being the worm that eats on mater plants. We have several of them all spring, summer, and fall long. In fact my boys have gotten the mater hook worms and watched them go through their stages to become a hummingbird moth. The moths feed regularly on my 4 o'clocks.
                              So, that explains the worms on my tomato plants, they're right beside the plant the moth was feeding on. Thanks MaryJo and Tami.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X