missing cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing cat

ok all you cat people, my little max the cat is missing since sunday night. we took the dog to my parents for the weekend and had dh's sister check on the cat. well she saw him sunday night and he hasn't been seen since. how long do cats wonder for usually before they return home? this isn't the first weekend this summer we were gone and the sister checked on the animals, but it is the first weekend that the dog didn't stay home.

dh is worried his little budy is gone for good. i still haven't given up hope.
    SHEL

Re: missing cat

I wouldn't worry too much just yet. Has he been neutered? If not, he may be out there 'tracking down' a girlfriend.

Comment

If he has not be neutered he could be gone for an entire week. My Tom does that. Just about when we think he is dead here he comes dragging home. Been fighting with the other Tom's for the lady's affection. lol Got to get out the neosporin.

Comment

He Is Neutered. And Just Last Week He Got A New Collar (his Bday Gift) With His Name And Our Phone Number On It.
        SHEL

Comment

He will find his way back home, all tired and all from having "fun" When I got my Feral Cat, he hadnt been outside for at least 5 months, and was out all night by accident You would think he would have retreated to the woods next to us, but he sat out on the ledge of the window screaming like an idiot

Comment

We have this little orange cat who has adopted us about 2 wks ago. He shows up for breakfast, naps on a bed or couch, gets up, eats again then wants to go out. he is gone all night. Maybe someone has 'taken' your baby in.
            hope he shows up

Comment

hmmmmmm.... .. Could he have been one of the five kittens I took this morning to animal control in Gainesville? Was walking the dogs five mornings ago, and six little fur balls came out of the woods. Got one adopted, but as we already have six cats from last season permanently taking residence here, these had to go. Hope your guy has come home by now.

Comment

Has Max always been an outside cat? If yes, I wouldn't worry too much ... he's show up. I
                "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

He's out shopping! He'll be back!

Comment

Originally posted by BluJ View Post
                    He's out shopping! He'll be back!

LOL...we've had cats leave for a couple week. They always came home starving, skinny and exhausted after they were done "tom cattin' around."
                    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Originally posted by floridagirly68 View Post
                      LOL...we've had cats leave for a couple week. They always came home starving, skinny and exhausted after they were done "tom cattin' around."
                      Years ago, I had this long haired Siamese, spayed cat, Tosha.. I raised her from a baby.. She lived to be 18 years old before she got diabetes. She would disappear for a week or more.. My DH always would say that she went out shopping. LOL! Musta got her full of mice cause she always came back! Even tho it's been 15 years or so, I still think about her every day. She was my best friend..

Comment

thanks everyone for the comforting words. i agree that he will be back. dh doesn't think so and he says if he doesn't this was our last cat. we only had max for almost a year now, i got him for dh's birthday last year 9dh's birthday is saturday). Max does go outside and spends many nights out, but is usually back in the morning crying at the window wanting to come in and eat.
                        SHEL

Comment

Update:

Max Came Home Last Night About 10:30, He Was Hungry And Wanted To Be Petted. He Also Came Home Without His New Collar, So Much For The 20.00 Collar. I Am Not Sure It The Break Away Collar Was A Good Thing Or A Waste--i'll Never Know.
                          SHEL

Comment

I am glad your cat is back home, good news.

Comment

Glad he is back, give him a great big hug from me

Comment

Working...
                              X