When You rent a movie.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When You rent a movie.....

Ok, so when you have rented a movie and returned it, has the video store ever called you and said that you didn't return it? The family video store called and told me that I didn't return the video game, that I know I did return. What do you do in this instance? How do you fight this? I know I returned it and I know exactly what day we did this.

Any thoughts?

dragun

Re: When You rent a movie.....

one of our video stores kept doing this to us. We would take video there and drop it off but they would call on only one of the videos. First check your machine to make sure it is not still in the machine (had that one happen a lot). Then I make them go through all the videos and find them. Sure enough they over looked it. Threatened to sue them the next time they called me like that. We had rented some videos I asked my DS to return it for me. Him and a friend walked down there dropped them off and then rented a couple of movies under his own account. Well the next day we get a call from the store saying we didn't return this one movie. I asked them if they got the other movie. Well yeah we got that one. I told them DS returned both of them and rented a couple on his account. This idiot proceeded to tell me my son didn't even have an account there. I was so mad I was freaking out on her. I told her not only would I be down with my info but with my son as well. Son got home and we loaded him up in the car and went there. Just so happened that she found the video that was missing and found my son's account. I had a coversation with that employee and with her manager. I then asked for the owners info. We ended up getting a years worth of rentals because this had happened to us several times before. They ended up going out of business cause of it. Another thing is have them check the video of the day you returned it. Yes they do have videos and can use them. Good luck.

Debbie
    Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

Comment

That's the reson why I always take the videos, etc inside the store and as I had it to the employee I watch as they scan it and ask for a recipt. A pain, but I have never had the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BJinTexas View Post
        That's the reson why I always take the videos, etc inside the store and as I had it to the employee I watch as they scan it and ask for a recipt. A pain, but I have never had the problem.
        Me too...Been a long time since I rented one though...
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Yes we have had that happen several times, they would call and leave a message that we had not returned such and such movie, so after I searched the house, then questioned son or DH, did you return it, I would call the store, and they would say, sorry, we made a mistake, you returned it, so we started going to a different Blockbuster store, and have not had that problem

Comment

I had that problem quite a bit with Blockbuster Video Store. We stopped renting and DH downloads the movie and puts on DVD
            "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Ok, ummmm I didn't return it. I was looking for my ds's car phone charger and found the video game underneath my driver's seat. Thank god I didn't call and raise heck about it.

So, I totally have egg on my face.

sorry!

dragun

Comment

Working...
              X