cold sores.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold sores.

are cold sores and fever blisters the same thing? both are a herpes virus, i think...
    but are they the same thing?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: cold sores.

Stella..........Yes, the terms "cold sores" and "fever blisters" can be used interchangeably.

I have "suffered" with them for years and years since childhood! Not so much as I'm older, but I do still get them.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

I haven't had one in about 4 yrs, ever since I added one L-lysine tablet to the handful of pills I take daily.

Comment

I just had one last weekend. I wrote a check to the IRS and within an hour I had a cold sore, my face broke out in zits, and my period started. That was a real suckfest.

Comment

i can one-up almost anyone on this. mine were so bad they appeared in a medical journal. they're actually an aphis ulcer.
          I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

Any one tried chewable tablets of Zinc??? haven't had in many years, but we all remember that funny tingling on the corner of our mouths! If you can get ahead of it, Zinc'll knock it out in 4 days! Just a thought, Laura

Comment

my DD got her first fever blister on her lip at 3 months. and every christmas and easter until she learned there wasn't a santa that it was us, and she had an insight on what she was getting.

but scratch all of that.
              the issue has been addressed, she went to the doctor, and it's not a cold sore, it's shingles.

great.

sorry about the IRS check tea that's awful
              I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

oh ps.

she hasn't had one in about 4 years, during prom, i was constantly trying to calm her down over the stress of it all.

she takes that lysine? tablet as well. cool !!

Comment

I recently had one, and tried the lysine tablets and they work. It only lasted about 3 days.
                  Theresa

Comment

I get them all the time. Take Valtrax the minute I feel the tingling and then I put Abreve on it it's the only FDA approved to clear it up faster. I really does work kinda pricie tho. Ice also helps with the swelling.. Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lysine works for me also. I don't take them everyday (maybe I should). I just start taking a massive dose when I feel one. SOmetimes it never even shows up! At the least significantly decreases the severity.

Comment

my DH has had cold sores since we met in 1966! When we've been "intimate" I've have
                        "cold sore deluxe!" This month, I've had "cold sore abundo" & he totally denies responsibitity for my condition! I was a virgin when I met him & if I've got the clap. HE GAVE IT TO,ME...men are such lyin' sacks o' s***"!
                        Last edited by Manzanita; 09-03-2008, 07:34 PM.
                        "WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Comment

Working...
                        X