How do you keep up with recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you keep up with recipes?

I was wondering what each of you do to keep up with the recipes you have and the ones you get from this site. Do you keep them in a printed book to have readily accessible??

I need to get mine into something that I can access easily to fixd things... plus I have so many on here I want to try but I have no idea how to organize it.

IDEAS PLEASE

Re: How do you keep up with recipes?

I print out the recipes I want to keep and keep them in a 3 ring binder in my kitchen together with my cookbooks. Easy access. I have things organized appetizers, soup, breads, meat etc. etc. Easy to find and I have the recipe in front of me when I need it.

Comment

My "favorites" I Have In A Folder On My Computer In My Documents, I Back It Up Every So Often On A Cd-rw. And Have A Hard Copy In A Folder. I Have Several 3 Ring Binders I've Got Stuff In, And An Accordian File, Then A Ton Of Them Where I Keep My Purse, It's My Rtt File! Lol

Comment

LOL, so what are you telling us, you have recipes all over the place

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          LOL, so what are you telling us, you have recipes all over the place
          UH..... YEAH! LOL THE COOKBOOKS ARE WORSE THOUGH!

Comment

they are hand written and put in a photo album. easy to flip through.

others I printed are in a plastic sleeve in a 3 ring binder.

freezer recipes are in a binder by themselves.
            I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
              My "favorites" I Have In A Folder On My Computer In My Documents, I Back It Up Every So Often On A Cd-rw. And Have A Hard Copy In A Folder. I Have Several 3 Ring Binders I've Got Stuff In, And An Accordian File, Then A Ton Of Them Where I Keep My Purse, It's My Rtt File! Lol

Same here...........
              The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

I've done the 3 ring binder.. the 4 x 6 cards.. and cookbooks..paper.. paper... I'm too afraid to keep them on the computer.. or a CD. (call me old fashioned, please)

I downloaded a 4 x 6 template from the internet and since I have nothing to do at work, I am typing them up.. the ones that I've tried and will make again.. and the family heirlooms. The new ones get printed and if I don't use them within a month.. then they are worth keeping.

I've only gotten thru the apps and the vegies. OMG!

I also bought some pages (photo inserts) for 4 x 6 cards from Staples.. and made a real nice album ..

When I go.. the kids will find their favorite and UN favorite recipes!
                Tessa

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  I print out the recipes I want to keep and keep them in a 3 ring binder in my kitchen together with my cookbooks. Easy access. I have things organized appetizers, soup, breads, meat etc. etc. Easy to find and I have the recipe in front of me when I need it.
                  Can I send you my stuff and you organize for me & send back?? LOL!!

I have so many things I have printed out & I just put them in a stack....grrr!!

Comment

That is a great idea! The 3 ring binder. I have so many recipes and magazines and cookbooks. The ones I have printed, I usually can't find and print another copy. This has inspired me to go out this week and buy binders and the plastic sleeves. Thanks!

Comment

Weeeeeellllll, actually, when I was on my "staycation" last week, I started utilizing a recipe collection software program I bought a few years ago. Maybe some of you have heard of it??? It's called: "Cook'n" (www.dvo.com).

I never truly took the time to use all it's features until DD shared with me that she wants me to make a Family Recipes cookbook for her. So I spent a ton of hours for a few days in a row (call me nuts, but I wanted to get a good jump on this project) and I first entered as many of my family recipes that I could find. Then I started chipping away at all those newspaper clipped recipes, ones clipped off of boxes, written down or copied, etc. Next, I went to Borders and purchased two lovely decorated Recipe Binders that I found on the bargain table. They have the divider tabs in them, some blank stationery and some sheet protectors.

Unfortunately, the Cook'n software just updated to an entirely new version (8.2) so now I will be purchasing the upgrade soon because it has features in it to print out your own family cookbook. It also has a feature where you can pick and choose whatever recipes you want, put them into menu form and then into a grocery shopping list from the menus. It's going to be great when I start my "freezer cooking" for a month that Dear Stella taught me about.

I will also be purchasing some 8.5 x 11 sheet protectors (the kind with the 3 holes on the sides) to slide the recipes in when I print them out. I'm expecting I might get into some expense here because I've decided to do one for DD AND myself. But since she's already excited about it now, I know she will treasure it even more so when it's done down the road.
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

All mine are in a Word Perfect folder. No particular order. I just search keywords for whatever I'm looking for and print them out as needed.

Comment

a lot of ya'll keep them on the computer..

i don't, i am scared to do that, i'm afraid the computer will crash? or it'll bust up or something.

I am not the brightest one with a computer, so i guess it's best i don't keep mine there..
                          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Originally posted by kirkland View Post
                            Can I send you my stuff and you organize for me & send back?? LOL!!

I have so many things I have printed out & I just put them in a stack....grrr!!
                            Me, too! I do have family favorites in a separate recipe book that dd got for me. Some are handwritten, some typed, but only T&T goes in that one.

I did purge and throw a TON of recipes away, but I still have them everywhere. Along with over 200 cookbooks, Taste of Home, Quick Cooking, etc. etc.

Comment

You can back them up on a disc / CD, so should your computer crash, it's all there. Keeping it on my computer just wouldn't work for me. My computer is upstairs, my kitchen is downstairs. with a papercopy I put the recipe on my counter where I work.

Comment

Working...
                              X