I need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your help!

I took my DD and DS to my parents during Gustav. They have a huge pecan tree, so my DD Haley picked up pecans for her Maw maw and Paw Paw. Now her hands, fingernails and even a few strands of her hair is brown. Does anyone know what I can use to get the brown off of her. IT looks like she tried to put fake tan on and didn't wash her hands. Any ideas??

TIA,
    Nicki

Re: I need your help!

gosh, i have no idea. you'd think i would know and i don't..

i'll help ya google..
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

i did find this ...

I saw your posting on walnut stain. Well, I have a beautiful set of colored fingers after cleaning up my bumper crop of nuts this weekend. I work for a hand cleaner company (GOJO) and I tried about a dozen different products over the last couple days. Nothing worked, including specialty ink & stain removers, bleaches, and some stuff the lab cooked up special. We figured out that the stain actually penetrated several layers of skin and is basically a temporary tattoo. I think the only option is to wear it off. I tried the Cornell advice for taking the stain out of clothing, but it didn't do anything for me. It's detergent/vinegar, then alcohol, then bleach, then vinegar again. I'm hoping you found something that works. Please let me know if you did. I have a trip abroad this weekend and they already think we're strrange! Thanks. Mike Dolan [email protected] [email protected] 14 Oct 2003
      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

one reply even said to rub straight gasoline on the hands.

holy crap !!!

Comment

You may get some of it off with bleach, but some will just have to wear off. it won't take too long.

Comment

I would have said to soak them in bleach. Grandmother used bleach for everything...
            I know it probably looks pretty ick, but in time it will wear away.
            Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Live and learn. I knew black walnuts would stain like that but had no idea that pecans would.

Comment

Whan DS1 was little he was picking up black walnuts the week before school started. His hands looked awful, like he wiped off #2 in the bathroom and didn't wash his hands. Dark brown around his nails and brown sploches on his hands. It's was horrible! Nothing we did got the stains off, even bleach. He started school like that and would have to explain many times a day that he DID wash his hands. It's one of those things we look at now and laugh about, but then! He was so upset!

Take some pictures and make sure you write on the back of them about what your DD did. She will love them when she has kids someday!

Comment

Wonder if Skin So Soft would work, I have used that on GS temporary tatoos that were old and it took the tatoo off. You may have to pour some on his hands and let it sit for awhile, plus he would have soft hands, I doubt he would like that.

Comment

did you know that the Indians used to use those kinds of things for their dyes.

Comment

Working...
                    X