The hypocrisy of some (GOP) knows no bounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hypocrisy of some (GOP) knows no bounds

All of a sudden these folks are swooning over a young girl being five months pregnant as if it is a badge of honor or something.

Some of these folks will turn anything into a faire tale as long as they think it may be in their favor! This is great that they parade this girl around for the world to see. What a role model she is for millions of other young gilrs around the country. And the baby daddy stated on his my space page that he did not want kids!

Why are they bothering to force these two young people to get married? If she was not in the running for the VP spot I will bet that they would not be running to force a shotgun marriage.

I understand that the family has to make the best of it, and I also understand that her mother/father had no control over what their daughter did. That is life and it happens to many of families, however for what Ms. Palin seems to stand for it seems they could have done this is another way.

Thereís no way these people would be so blase if Chelsea Clinton were pregnant, and sheís grown! Yet these people profess to be ho-hum about Palinís 17-year-old daughter being pregnant. This self-righteous bunch of people who oppose abortion and obviously oppose birth control and sex education and who do not want to teach their children the consequences of reckless intercourse and who ignore the fact that a 44-year-old woman who lets herself get pregnant is highly likely to deliver a Down Syndrome child make me wonder about her judgement, and maybe she has no business leading this country. They will take shots at Ms. Palinís alcoholic husband, her daughterís redneck baby daddy, and her sisterís inability to retain custody of her children.

Sorry, but after listening to her speech several times last night, and although I feel she delivered that speech very well, I have to take a second, hard look at her. She does not get a 100% pass, and folks need to stop acting as if she is the second coming of Christ. There are millions of hard working women with the same "bull~dog" mentality all over the world!

Mr. McCain is beginning to look like an old fool!

This Palin family seems to be a mess and maybe they need to stay in Alaska, lipstick and all!

PS
    Before I am attacked, I am an independent and have not made up my mind about who will get my vote!

Re: The hypocrisy of some (GOP) knows no bounds

Wow, some pretty strong words. Can you back any of it up ? With facts I mean. Or did you just post this for shock value ?

Comment

Sounds like a good ole fashion vent to me. But, shes right. She most likely wouldnt be getting married if her mom wasnt running for V.P. The guy doesnt want kids, hes young, and most likely doesnt want to get married either. If it was any other girl on the planet that he knocked up, he'd be running to another country

Comment

.... as if Obama wasn't being treated as if he were the Messiah.....

I have been told all of my adult life by the media (i.e. talk shows, tv news) what it means to be a 'true' liberated woman. Only trouble is, I must agree with the pro-abortion, pro-gay agenda to be considered smart enough to join their club. 'Choice', in the view of liberal women, really isn't choice unless you choose THEIR platform.

Along comes a woman who represents MY values and beliefs. Her surprise addition to the ticket has blindsided the media and they're beside themselves. So they focus on issues like 'can she be a good mom and still be VP' and the like.... questions that they would never have even DREAMED of asking Hillary.

I'm not ho-hum about her daughter's pregnancy; of course I'm disappointed. You are questioning her judgement with regards to getting pregnant and choosing to deliver a Down's Syndrome child. Yet, what about the thousands of women who 'behave recklessly' every day with their sexuality and then have their kid sucked into a sink? You don't hear about them. I wonder how many high-profile liberal women politicians and media-babes have behaved the same way (and we just don't know about them)?

Comment

I am not a Republican, but I have not heard anyone say that the 17year old girl is a "role model", maybe it will help some parents talk to their boys and girls that are around the same age about birth control or no sex talk. You stated that it is "highly likely "that a 44 year old woman would deliver a Downs Syndrome child, that is kind of harsh, I have never seen any material that says a woman in her 40's has an extremely high chance of having a DS child, I know the % is elevated, but you make it sound like she had almost a 100% chance of a DS child. An "alcoholic husband"-I thought I read that several years ago he had a DUI, that hardly makes him an alcoholic. Believe me I don't believe in drinking and driving-but an alcoholic? A "redneck baby", the poor child is not even born, why attack the baby or it's father.

Comment

Originally posted by alidoremi View Post
            .... as if Obama wasn't being treated as if he were the Messiah.....

I have been told all of my adult life by the media (i.e. talk shows, tv news) what it means to be a 'true' liberated woman. Only trouble is, I must agree with the pro-abortion, pro-gay agenda to be considered smart enough to join their club. 'Choice', in the view of liberal women, really isn't choice unless you choose THEIR platform.

Along comes a woman who represents MY values and beliefs. Her surprise addition to the ticket has blindsided the media and they're beside themselves. So they focus on issues like 'can she be a good mom and still be VP' and the like.... questions that they would never have even DREAMED of asking Hillary.

I'm not ho-hum about her daughter's pregnancy; of course I'm disappointed. You are questioning her judgement with regards to getting pregnant and choosing to deliver a Down's Syndrome child. Yet, what about the thousands of women who 'behave recklessly' every day with their sexuality and then have their kid sucked into a sink? You don't hear about them. I wonder how many high-profile liberal women politicians and media-babes have behaved the same way (and we just don't know about them)?
            You mean Obama is not the Messiah ?? j/k LOL
            We don't know if she wanted to have another child or if the pregnancy was an accident. And it's none of our business, she chose to carry the pregnancy through and have the baby. It's ridiculous to judge her on that.

Comment

This whole thread is attacking and too mean for me. Sometimes and someplaces it is best to keep one's mouth shut (or fingers still). Remember it is best to keep quiet and let others think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. That's all-I am out of this thread!
              Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

as for todd palin,his dui was over 20 years ago,around the same time obama was doing all kinds of drugs and alcohol, read his books, lol. saha palins destiny is to be a leader, if you cant see that now you will soon.

Comment

Originally posted by nommie View Post
                  This whole thread is attacking and too mean for me. Sometimes and someplaces it is best to keep one's mouth shut (or fingers still). Remember it is best to keep quiet and let others think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. That's all-I am out of this thread!
                  Call me funny, but I think that post was made to stir the pot, or to try to stir the pot. LOL
                  So how is the weather in your part of the country?

Comment

Was this tirade a joke or for real?

Comment

I Heard On The News, Mrs Palin Got Preganant The Last Time By Accident, I Had A Birthcontrol Baby, No One Is Chastizing Me!!! I Give Her Kudos For Having The Child Even Though She Knew It Was Handicapped. I'm Not Going To Kill My Child Because He/she Won't Be "normal" But..... That Said, If I Wanted To..... I Should Be Able To Choose To.

Her Personal Life Should Be Left Personal. If It Doesn't Pretain To How They Will "rule" Act As A Vp Or Pres. Is Should Be Left Personal!!

I Don't Follow Politics, I Hate All The Hate Campaigns/smear Ads, Makes Me Not Want To Vote For The One Who Is Trying To Smear The Others Name In The Mud.

Someone's Going To Bet Introuble If Ya'll Don't Tune It Down A Bit, Steph Doesn't Like Us Talking Politics!!!

Comment

I believe I read that they were planning a wedding even before she got pregnant. Guess they'll just speed it up a bit. Also read the stuff the boy posted was not actually posted by him, but I don't know how they know, one way or the other. No experience with these websites.

Comment

"Someone's Going To Bet Introuble If Ya'll Don't Tune It Down A Bit, Steph Doesn't Like Us Talking Politics!!!"

You are right!

It never stays at a civil level. My bad

I hope there are no more responses. I am out!

Comment

The post was not meant to stir the pot...but the various answers are. It's the way Buckwheat feels and she is entitled to her opinion.
                            Of course, Republicans are gonna stick up for Palin and nothing will change theri minds.
                            Many of us have strong misgivings about her being a heartbeat away from the Presidency. Good speeches, written by other people, do not a good President make. Whether she would, or wouldn't, make a good president, cannot be determined by one speech. Lets all wait for the debates. That will be a truer test of her mettle.

forgot to add...I watched the young man last night and he did not look like he wanted to be there. Bristol kept holding his hand...on his lap. It didn't look like it was mutual. No way a parent should force a marriage to get themselves out of a political mess. Palin herself said that she reported on Bristol's pregnancy to put the other rumors to rest. Marriage is sacred between two people who "want" to get married and who love each other.
                            Last edited by AllieK; 09-04-2008, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Well, I only asked the question because it came out of the blue and was so tryrannical that I honestly thought it was a joke. Geez, calm down a notch.

Comment

Working...
                              X