Spatini Spaghetti Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spatini Spaghetti Mix

Don't know if anyone out there grew up on Lawry's Spatini Spaghetti Mix, but I did. I do my own sauce usually, but always liked the taste better when I added a packet of Spatini Spaghetti Mix to the meat mixture. I have had the hardest time over the past year or so buying this stuff. So I went on the internet and here I found out that Lawry's discontinued making it in December 2006 because it was not longer "cost effective"!!!!????? How sad, how sad. If people who have started petitions to bring it back aren't going to be able to revive this stuff, then I'm going to be on a "quest" to recreate it.

I'm also having trouble finding "sugar-free" Tang for my son. I just hate it when you get used to using a product over the years and POOF, gone without warning. I cannot tell you how many items over the past year are hard to find now. Wonder what's happening out there? I've also been looking for those Ro Tel tomatoes mentioned in another thread recently and at least two of my local stores do not have it!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Re: Spatini Spaghetti Mix

Krub, I never have seen Lawry's Spatini Spaghetti mix down here...
    Sunny Delight is very similar to Tang. Do not know if they make a sugar free Sunny delight.
    If they ever stop selling Ro-Tel...we will all be in trouble down here...I use it in a lot of stuff and love it.
    Maybe it is your store? Ask manager about it!
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

My mom always added Lawry's Spatini Spaghetti Mix to her spaghetti. She was saying last year she couldnt find it anymore.

I still miss Hey Day Bars. I have made something similar, but they sure were yummy.

Comment

I will have to look for this mix......... As far as the Rotel goes, if they do not have the brand name "Rotel", then just look for petite diced tomatoes with green chilies. That is what Rotel is.
        Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Thanks, Lauren, I kind of thought that might be the case, but when I hear a "name brand" I get it on my head it HAS to be that brand or nothing else comes, haha. Kind of like my Spatini Mix!!!!!!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

I know what you mean Krub! I'm the same way!
            Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

"I did some googling and found this recipe for the Spatini Spaghetti Sauce Mix:

2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
              2 teaspoons salt
              2 teaspoons garlic powder
              1 teaspoon pepper
              2 teaspoons seasoned salt

Mix all ingredients thoroughly and store in small airtight jar in a cool, dry place.
              The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Where to buy spatini spaghetti sauce mix

http://www.spatini.info/
                The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Thanks Flo, nice of you to Google for me! I will definitely try this recipe mix and have a look-see at your link.

Comment

Hi krubinic,

I used Spatini for nearly 40 years and only found out recently that it was discontinued, but it is still being produced in the restaurant-size packages and you can buy it online. Hope this helps. I know how it is when you love a product and it's taken off the market. There is an online petition to bring Spatini back which has close to 7,000 signatures and there are several forums for Spatini lovers.

I blogged about Spatini at http://cookbookcuisine.blogspot.com and also started a website as a clearing house of information about Spatini. http://www.recipeforacookbook.com/spatini.

Comment

I have never heard of the Spatini sauce mix. When I make my spaghetti sauce I buy a spaghetti sauce mix by McCormicks. I wonder if that would be similar?? By the ingredients mention above it sounds like it would be. We have Rotel here. I would be lost without them too.
                      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for all the info Cookbookwriter, I will be looking into all your links!

Comment

Working...
                        X