Hi! We made it to Arizona!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! We made it to Arizona!!!

Hi everyone! We finally moved back to Arizona about a month and a half ago. I just wanted to let ya all know about it.
    It took us about 4 days in the super sized Uhaul moving van to get here. We had to tow our pick up truck on the back of that dang thing. That thing was so big that we could only go to places right off the interstate because dh was afraid of getting stuck in a small parking lot with no turnarounds. We almost did one time because I told dh that a gas station was a truck stop(it looked like it from far away). He pulled in because he believed me(I was insisting on it) and it turned out to be a super small gas station with a small driveway going around the perimeter of the building. He had to squeeze through the small driveway to get out..it was scary!! I think we ran over some landscaping and scraped the heck out of the sides of the truck. Needless to say, dh wouldn't listen to me after that. lol

I guess we must have been the good luck charm for Florida dealing with hurricanes. The entire time we lived there, we didn't have one. The moment we leave, Fay hits the area. Sorry folks in Florida!

We still have our house there near Bean. We're going to end up renting it out since the market isn't so good. Thank god we didn't have any damage from that flooding that went through there.

Right now I'm trying desperately to get a job. I've been putting applications in to a bunch of places but its taking SO long for responses!! Its getting discouraging..

Need to look around a bit before going back to job boards...
    See ya!

Re: Hi! We made it to Arizona!!!

Glad you made it! Good to see you posting again you were missed!
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Glad you made it safely, in spite of running over landscaping , good to see you posting, and good luck on finding a job.

Comment

don't wait for responses, go back and ask about the jobs.
        Glad you made it safely.

Comment

Glad the trip is over for you Isis! Just wondering, what part of AZ? My brother lives in Peoria/Glendale area. Was there May of 2007 for my nephew's high school graduation which was held in the University of Phoenix Cardinals stadium. Awesome place. Although I'm a "highlands" girl, not crazy for the brown dusty desert areas. LOVE and prefer Sedona since it reminds me more of PA with the green.

Best wishes to you and yours in your new home. I hope you find a job soon too!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Looks like you really got out in time .. here comes Ike! Glad to hear you're settling in. Like already said, we missed you!

Comment

Isis welcome, you said you been here for the last month, we really had the most humid summer I can remember. Got alot of needed rain but you said you lived here before so don't go this summer. Hope you are getting settled in and getting to know the area.

Comment

Nice to see you back. Good luck with the job hunting!

Comment

Arizona sounds good to me! Good luck with your job hunt!

Comment

Working...
                  X