No announcement yet.

Redbox dvd rentals..have you seen them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redbox dvd rentals..have you seen them?

I don't know if you all have talked about these yet, but its a new thing for me.
    Here at the superwalmart they have a huge machine that looks like a Coke machine that is located in the front near the soda machines. Its called Redbox and it dispenses dvds for $1 to rent. The dvds are not all crappy ones either. They have it set up so you have to use a debit or credit card to rent one.
    We have used it several times(you only get 1 day rental) and I think its great!
    Here is the link about it if you want to check it out...

http://www.redbox.com/home.aspx

Re: Redbox dvd rentals..have you seen them?

Here in Las Vegas they have them in McDonald's for $1 rental. Don't have a DVD player so have never used the Redbox.

Comment

I noticed they have one at Walmart.
      The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

They have them at our Safeway here in Northern California. But it costs $1.49. Everything here is more expensive. LOL.
        I use them because it is a lot cheaper than the video rental stores.

Comment

rented 3 tonght
          "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

yes. wonderful thing.

we have one at kroger's. it's where we get our movies for rent. since movie gallery went out here. and i hate blockbuster. (long story)

i thought it was espically amusing, to rent the movie, go back the next day to return the damn thing, box is out of order...
            hum, i call the number on the box. I say YO your box is broke.
            and she said they are working on it, check back later today. kewl thanks chicka.

i go back still broke, kid has the debit card, didn't make it back that next day.
            third day still out i call again.

girl with slurred language that i cannot understand said ok.
            i need your name address credit card number exp name of the bank and their address and when i rented it etc.
            i refused to give this info to her, and therefore I held on to it until the machine was fixed, 17 days later hahahahaha
            i got hard headed on that one.
            I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

We have one in our Giant Eagle grocery store and I love it. It is cheap, convenient and I don't have to deal with a clerk trying to sell me popcorn, gift cards, or previously viewed dvds.

In out done! And I haven't ever run into a problem with the box being broken.

dragun

Comment

We have one at walmart but have not tried it.
                "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

We have those all over town but I've never used one. I'm surprised at the current movies offered. I belong to Netflix, so just go with that.
                  Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

Have one at our Giant grocery store (not same as Giant Eagle but just like it). DH won't use it, doesn't like those "small" fees on his ATM Debit cards, prefers to pay cash on tons of things.......so he goes to Blockbuster (I know Stella, lol)

When DD was last home for a visit she and I did Redbox and the only thing we didn't like about it was that you have to scroll and scroll and scroll and it seems like they are out so quickly of the new releases. The lines at Giant for it are always so long, seems to take people FOREVER to pick something. We don't know when they "stock" them up at Giant so it never fails, we are SOL on new releases. It is a nice idea though, they just have to tweek some things.
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                      yes. wonderful thing.
                      I held on to it until the machine was fixed, 17 days later hahahahaha
                      i got hard headed on that one.
                      Since you did not give her the information that she wanted, was your credit card charged for the extra 17 days?

Comment

Working...
                      X