Hannah...be safe, all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannah...be safe, all

Just wanted to wish anybody in Hannah's path safety and good luck. I'm as prepared here as I'm gonna get...got all my emergency supplies ready, enough food to feed an army. Only thing I have yet to do is to go out and weigh down the lawn furniture and stuff, but I'm hoping the high winds wont hit till tomorrow. And when this is over, I saw on the news that Hurricane Ike is coming up right behind Hannah. Be safe!

Re: Hannah...be safe, all

Cottun, and everyone else in her way be safe keep us posted...

Comment

Yes, anyone on the east coast keep us all posted with this.

Comment

So far its not so bad here. Its been raining for over 24 hours steady and my goldfish ponds are flooding over. The high winds 30-40 MPH are expected to hit this afternoon and we are expected to lose power, so I am getting in my computer time while I can. My oldest dog had a stroke a week ago and I have to help her down the outside steps when she has to pee, so I have been thoroughly drenched 3 times since the rains began. It could be much, much worse.

Comment

My DD is in Charleston and they made it through fine. They only had a voluntary evacuation notice and it took her so long to get home after they closed her store downtown that she decided to stay put. Lots of rain, but nothing worse, thank God!

Comment

Please be safe and sending positive thoughts that this storm will dissipate quickly and everyone will stay out of harm's way.
            My mother's menu consisted of two choices - take it or leave it!

Comment

I just got my electricity back after being off 5+ hours. Fortunately my sump pump has a back-up battery that did kick in. I'm just SW of Baltimore City.

Comment

It was over with quickly here. We did get a few hours of wind after the rains stopped, but they werent as bad as expected. I never lost power. Now that both the rain and the wind has stopped, its getting hot here again already! We almost made it 48 hours with some relief from the heat!

Comment

Seems it went pretty well, got family in Philly, saw they got rain & closed the airport for 2hrs but I think everything is OK now. Here comes Ike, wonder where it will go, they say the Gulf Coast.

Comment

Working...
                  X