Beatlebette are you moved in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beatlebette are you moved in?

I think this is the weekend you move into your house. You probably don't have your computer up yet but hope you had a good move. Just take it easy, can't unpack it all in one day. Let us know how you like the house.

Re: Beatlebette are you moved in?

Thanks for asking, Roset. We've been moving in for 2 weeks. Man, I hate moving! We finally have all our stuff here. We finished cleaning out my storage unit today. I'm so exhausted. Now we have to find a place for everything. It will take some time, but I'm sure glad to be in this house. It's a great house! We were without Internet for about a week. I think it was really a blessing in disguise because I got a lot more done. When we get everything all settled, I will take some pictures and post them. It's good to be back.
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Oh beatlebette, so happy for you, just take your time. I moved in 4yrs ago, my house needed so much work that we had boxes for 6 months until I got things new carpets & Painting done, I was just about busting to move in but knew my house was a huge mess, please don't over do it. I am so happy knew these weeks you were moving in. You will be so happy to have a house. I remember you wanted the other apt & it didn't work out but look now what you have. I really am so happy for you. Wish you the best luck on your new place. I am so excited for you.

Comment

Thank you! It shouldn't take us quite that long to get settled because we painted, shampooed carpets and everything before we moved in. It' nice and clean. Will just take time to find a place for everything. We have a lot of stuff.

Comment

aren't you renting that place?
          shouldn't the people you are renting from clean in between tenant's? when I rented a town house, they did it for me, part of it I thought.

for the home owners to expect you to move in on someone else's filth is just sick.
          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

LOL, Stella, you must have read my mind. I was thinking the exact same thing, how strange for a renter having to do their own cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              LOL, Stella, you must have read my mind. I was thinking the exact same thing, how strange for a renter having to do their own cleaning.
              we rented a house right after we got out of the navy.
              they power washed the driveway, painted everything, cleaned the carpet, professionally, and hired a cleaning service to detail the kitchen and baths, cleaned all windows baseboards.....

i know in virginia when we lived there it was required to paint the walls after every tenant. no matter how long they were there.

wonder the rest of the year has in store for a renter that had to do their own cleaning?
              I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

The apt. that I have rented in the past were always painted after each tenant, never mind being cleaned.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  They know the guy who owns the house. They are helping with the work that needs to get done. The guy is putting in new carpeting in some of the rooms etc. Rick is painting and stuff to get it ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                    aren't you renting that place?
                    shouldn't the people you are renting from clean in between tenant's? when I rented a town house, they did it for me, part of it I thought.

for the home owners to expect you to move in on someone else's filth is just sick.
                    Thanks, Hayburner. You've been paying attention. We're paying about $600. less a month than the going rate for a 4 bedroom house here in So Cal. because we cleaned and painted the entire inside of the house. We know the owner and he gave us a very special rental price because he knows Rick, and knows we will take good care of his property. He also put in $7000. worth of new tile floors in here. We're very lucky to have gotten this place. No complaints from us.

Comment

Beatle, enjoy it and you & Rick deserve to live in it. It all worked out you guys did some work also owner too, seems like a good deal all around. So happy for you & Rick. I know you will love it and be happy. Enjoy and have many happy times there.

Comment

Thanks Roset. I appreciate the well wishes. We are working hard trying to find a place for everything. All the work will be worth it when we get done.

Comment

Good for you!! It iwll be wonderful once you are all settled.....and to be in California!!! I want to move there so badly but my kids won't move (31 and 24).

Comment

Working...
                          X