Canadian Question -Coupons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Question -Coupons

My DH and I are going to be babysitting our grandchildren who live in Kingston Ontario for about a month Nov/Dec. My question is, will the grocery stores in Canada accept food coupons that we get in our Sunday newspapers? An off the wall question - but do you think we'll need snow boots? We've lived the last 30 years in Florida and Las Vegas so we're not really prepared for cold weather.

Re: Canadian Question -Coupons

as for the coupons, I'm not really sure
    as for the snowboots, there is a possibility that they may be needed. We have had a first snowfall in early November before.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Are the coupons for specific stores or are they for specific products, good at any grocery store? If they are for products, read the fine print. It should say whether the coupon will be honoured only in the US. If it does not say anything like that, it would be up to the individual store, whether they would honour the coupon or not.

As to weather, Kingston is right on the lake and can be very chilly and damp late in the year. Boots (like hikers or warmer type footwear) would probably be more comfortable from a temperature point of view. If your grandchildren's parents are close to you and your DH in size, I would just ask to borrow the necessary outer wear and footgear from them.
      Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I live in Saskatchewan which is known for cold winters & I seldom wear snow boots in the winter. I usually just wear my regular shoes, but I don't walk a lot in the winter. If I was going to be outside for an hour or so, I would probably wear boots but otherwise don't bother. (We Saskatchewanites are known for being a hardy breed though.)

As for the coupons, read the fine print to see if they would be honoured outside of the US. Many are only good for the country they are issued in.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I don't think I'll mess with coupons while we're in Canada. I have looked at some I have on hand right now, and a few do say "good in USA only". Bought a cheap, and I mean cheap pair of boots at WalMart and am going to make due with them $12. They kind of look like those Uggs that the kids like. Hope the fashion police don't see me.

Comment

If you are planning to wear them in wet areas, you might want to waterproof them. I still say that you probably would be best, getting some hikers, or just borrowing what you might need from your DD and SIL.
            Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Working...
            X