I have a Question for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a Question for you!

I have that musky smell in my closets. I don't want the smell of mothballs, and I was wondering what is a good remedy for keeping clothes ect smelling fresh?
    What do you do?
    I remember taking an orange and putting cloves into it as a kid. I think it was for the closet, but don't remember Mom even using it.
    Sure would appreciate your ideas on this...
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Re: I have a Question for you!

My mom used to use Pachouli oil. She would soak a cottonball in it and lay it a few places inside her closets then replacing it every few months when it dried out. If you are not sure what it is or never heard of it, here is some info I got off the internet for you:

"Perhaps first due to it’s power as a moth repellent, the aroma of Patchouli was pervasive in cloth and clothing exported from India in the 19th century. The scent became an indicator of true ‘Oriental’ fabric, so much so that English and French garment makers were obliged to scent their imitation products with Patchouli to ensure their acceptance in the domestic marketplace. Beyond its use for preventing holes from being eaten in one’s cloting, Patchouli oil has been used for centuries in traditional medicine in Malaysia, China and Japan. Primarily indicated for skin conditions, Patchouli may be of benefit in cases of dermatitis, eczema, acne, dry chapped skin, and other irritating conditions, along with dandruff and oily scalp conditions. As a cell rejuvenator, it may help in healing wounds and reducing the appearance of scars. It is considered an excellent remedy for insect and snake bites, and has been used as a fumigant and rubbing oil to prevent the spread of fevers and to strengthen the immune system."

~Kathy~
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Places like Kmart and Walmart and probably hardware stores too, sell an odour eliminator product in a plastic container. You just open it and put it on a shelf and forget about it. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it but I think it was with either the cleaning supplies or the paint supplies.
      Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Go in your closet and look it over. You probably have mildew in there somewhere. Bleaching that may just get rid of the odors. You can also get those things that draw out the moisture at the grocery store or WalMart. Maybe you could leave the door open half the time to make sure that fresh air gets in there??
        As to covering the odors, maybe dryer sheets?

Comment

I put soap bars (packaged) in my drawers maybe it will work for closets. I also put the little spray things of perfume that I use forr air refreshners in the rooms in my drawer once they stop spraying because the bottle still smells pretty.

Comment

I have an antique oak china cabinet. I have a small open bowl of pure vanilla extract in there it absorbs odors. I don't know if it will work in a closet.

Comment

put a little cedar in your closet

Comment

Thank-you all for some really good ideas!
                Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I see those hang-up air fresheners everywhere that are made to hang on closet rods. I went looking for some of those stick-up air fresheners and cant find those anywhere anymore (wanted to stick them inside my garbage cans). But I did see plenty of the hang-up kind.

Comment

I bought Citrus Magic Odor Absorber at Walmart...works great.
                    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

very intresting...

never knew all of this. you can put your seasonal clothes you don't wear in those vacuum sealing bags. i love those things.
                      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I Would Use Dryer Sheets. Go To The Dollar Store And Get A Cheap Box. We Put Dryer Sheets Everywhere. They Even Help Keep Out Mice--well We Put Them In Thrucks, Tractors And Combines--you Can Tend To Get Mice In Those.
                        SHEL

Comment

Working...
                        X