Apple Orchard - Hello Fall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Orchard - Hello Fall!

We went to the apple orchard yesterday. I got my first carmel apple of the season, dripping with carmel and nuts, sooooo gooood! Brought home a bag of peaches and apples. Came home and had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows.

Anyone else go to the Orchards in the fall?

Re: Apple Orchard - Hello Fall!

Sounds Marvelous!
    I am sorry to say this, but I envy you and that caramel apple!
    Could appreciate some of those peaches for sure. I love fresh tree ripened peaches. My favorite fruit besides the nectarine!!!
    LOL! I bet it was tasty!
    Are the leaves starting to turn in Michigan? What are your Morning and evening temperatures right now?
    Last edited by TexAnn; 09-07-2008, 03:03 PM.
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

We got to a local orchard, you can pick your own or buy the ones that are already picked. Think we will bring the grandson and his wagon and go pick some later this month. We also have another orchard that you can get the Krispy apple, which is soooooooo good. It is basically just for eating. When I make my apple pies, I like to vary the apples.

Comment

Me, me, me!! I try to go every year and pick golden and red delicious apples. They are really, REALLY good eatin' apple. I'll hopefully get out there in a few weeks, when I actually have a weekend to myself.
        Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

I go to a festival in an orchard in the Blue Ridge mountains most years. Live bluegrass, apple butter making, crafts, pig pickin and other great foods. I love bringing home a bunch of little tart green apples for frying.

Comment

i picked apples from my tree today..i'm going to attempt to make apple butter for my dd..never made this before..she tried this at a restraunt and has been begging me to make it..

Comment

Originally posted by TexAnn View Post
              Sounds Marvelous!
              I am sorry to say this, but I envy you and that caramel apple!
              Could appreciate some of those peaches for sure. I love fresh tree ripened peaches. My favorite fruit besides the nectarine!!!
              LOL! I bet it was tasty!
              Are the leaves starting to turn in Michigan? What are your Morning and evening temperatures right now?

The burning bushes are starting to get a bit a red blush to them but thats it around here yet. My butterfly bushes are going like mad! And we have a tomato plant that is taking over the yard still. When we where in upper Michigan a few weeks ago some of the trees where starting to turn.

It was around 80 F yesterday but today we are starting to cool down, 75F today. Down in the upper 50's at night. I can't wait for the 60F highs, my kind of weather.

The peaches are so good this year. I'm going to to go back the end of the week to get more. We got some new apples this year called Wealthy, they are really tart and crunchy. Those are disapearing fast at the house to!

Comment

Originally posted by cottun View Post
                I go to a festival in an orchard in the Blue Ridge mountains most years. Live bluegrass, apple butter making, crafts, pig pickin and other great foods. I love bringing home a bunch of little tart green apples for frying.

Cottun that sounds like so much fun. When is the festival? Next year is our 25th wedding anv. in October. We would like to take a trip to the Blue Ridge mountains and that would be the perfect time to do it.

Comment

We have a Cider Mill close by. Can't wait to go get some cider and warm donuts!

Comment

i don't, i have before, but not in the past several years. that sounds so cool
                    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Alright, I could stand it no more! DD and I hopped in the truck and now I'm having a warm donut with fresh apple cider. Welcome Fall!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Mom View Post
                        We went to the apple orchard yesterday. I got my first carmel apple of the season, dripping with carmel and nuts, sooooo gooood! Brought home a bag of peaches and apples. Came home and had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows.

Anyone else go to the Orchards in the fall?
                        Bonfire and roasted marshmallows, sounds nice. I am sitting here, it's mid 90's..... and I am sweating, even with the air on

Comment

wassil sounds great too.
                          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                            wassil sounds great too.

Never had it, what does it taste like ?

Comment

helps if i spelled it right, wassail.

tastes much like spice tea. there's about a million recipes for it. depending on if you wanted alcohol in it or not.
                              cloves, all spice, citrus juice. sometimes a cranberry juice.

Comment

Working...
                              X