What's your favorite casserole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite casserole?

I love one dish suppers. I'm really fond of my mom's version of Shepherd's pie, which is mashed potatoes, creamed corn and ground beef.

What's your favorite casserole? Has it been passed down through the ages?
    Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Re: What's your favorite casserole?

I cannot make casseroles often becuas emy dh does not like his food "together". My favorite is a oldie. It's the hamburger pie wiht green beans. tomato soup, green beans, hamburger, topped with mashed potatoes.
    My next favorite is enchilada casserole.

Comment

Lasagne is the ultimate casserole!

Comment

King Ranch Chicken
        Sausage Pasta
        Chicken Divan

Comment

It is a potato casserole that we call Beverly Nye potatoes, which is potatoes, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, cheese, butter, onion, salt, pepper.I make a big dish of it for Christmas. I know it goes by several names.

Comment

Pls share that recipe with us!

Comment

I kinda like my chicken and rice casserole (posted in T&T).

Comment

while I do make alot of casseroles, I don't really know if i have a favorite,
                i do like tuna casserole a lot, but i cannot seem to make it really yummy. as simple as it may seem this is just not one i can master to have a good WOW taste to it...
                I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

We like chicken casserole the best and hash brown casserole next.

Comment

ohh i do like he hashbrown casserole, that's a given on every freezer cooking day. i have 3 in the freezer now, two are made with the ?? is it southern hashbrowns? they have bell peppers in them red and green.
                    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                      ohh i do like he hashbrown casserole, that's a given on every freezer cooking day. i have 3 in the freezer now, two are made with the ?? is it southern hashbrowns? they have bell peppers in them red and green.
                      I think they call them Potatoes O'brien when they have the peppers and onions in them. I would love a good recipe for Tuna Casserole. I have never made one before....
                      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

ohhh you don't want me giving you a recipe for tuna casserole.... you'll be like eww what the hell is stella doing to me?

but yea o'brian we'll go with that.

Comment

Oooooo.. Now I'm intrigued......
                          Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Never met a casserole I didnt like. My familys favorites have always been my smothered chicken with veggies casserole, and a chicken pot pie dish that isnt really pie, but has biscuits on top.

Comment

I'm with bubbacooks, Lasagna or Baked Ziti, which is pretty much "like" Lasagna would be my favs for casseroles or on dish meals. But I also am with Stella about not having a favorite "true" casserole. And, I'm also with her about the Tuna Casserole. DH makes a very good one, but I don't know that it's anything I'd want to pass along to ya'll because it's more geared to his taste, which might not be everyone else's taste.

Actually, and ya'll may laugh, but I've had the Lean Cuisine Tuna Casserole (or is it WW Smart Ones?.....no, I "think" it's LC) and actually it's one of the better ones I've ever eaten. It's got a good flavor to it with crunchy celery (which I love celery in a lot of my dishes) and I like the topping they put on it.

Maybe we should start a thread on "finding the best Tuna Casserole recipe on CK" and see what we come up with, LOL.
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Working...
                              X