Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Crochet?

I went to a really neat website today..
    They have free patterns for Crocheting, Quilting and lots more...
    Check it out...
    FreePatterns.com
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Re: Anyone Crochet?

I'd like to learn how. I bought some instruction booklets and hooks, but I'm having trouble because I'm left-handed and can't quite "get it." I need someone to sit with me and coach me through.

Comment

I have been a member of FreePatterns.com for many years. Yes they have some very nice patterns. But I have also found that you can google almost any pattern you want and by adding 'free' to it, find more websites that do not charge for their designs.

If you are into quilting, http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/ is excellent.

MaryJo, just keep trying. Infact go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38BtWw834EM for a video tutorial. Hope this helps.
      Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I've been crocheting for a couple years. I just know how to crochet the basic stitch. I make lap blankets and give them to a local assisted living community here in Austin. It makes me feel good to put smiles on the residents faces

Comment

I used to crochet with my grandmother when I would go and see her during the summers growing up. But I never picked up the craft and really regret it.

Comment

Ginger thank you for sharing the web site for the quilt patterns. Several of the quilt stores here in town support the linus project. I am very interested in that.

Comment

My pleasure Sabine. You know us quilters--just gotta share
              Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I have always wanted to learn. I do knit but could never figure out how to crochet.

Comment

Veggie Mom, I also knit, but prefer to crochet. I find it a lot faster and easier. Would you believe my Mom used to knit socks for my Dad when I was a little girl?
                  Way too much dedication to knitting for me though. Her work was outstanding.
                  Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

My mom "made" me sit down and learn to crochet when I was about 10 or 11. She did this because neither of my two other sisters ever got the knack of crochet. Well I learned it and didn't do much with it during those teen years. But when I had childern I picked it back up and have been making many things since. I make baby blankets, booties, pillows and regular size blankets. I have given them to many friends and families they love and appreciate them a lot.
                    Anyone have a hint for how to stop your hands from hurting. I think I must be getting arthritis in them because for the past two weeks I have been waking up with my hands stiff and hurting.

Huffle
                    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X