Colorful Wrist Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorful Wrist Bands

A couple years ago I read an article stating that when a girl wears wrist bands each color pertains to something that they did with a boy, such as a kiss, etc. My daughter was only in elementary so I didn't pay much attention to the article and thought the fad would be over with by the time my daughter entered Jr. High. Well my daughter started Jr. High this year and she now has on these wrist bands. What does each color of the wrist band stand for if it still does or is it just fashionable to wear those now? I don't know wether to tell my daughter to take them off or not.

Re: Colorful Wrist Bands

Interesting topic. I have not heard of this before but know you have me wondering. Do boys wear the same thing or is it just girls?

Comment

I see some people wear those colored wrist band, but I thought that meant that they were supporting come cause ? Like pink for cancer, and so on.

Comment

That's what I thought too Sabine.
        I know a lot of the colored wrist bands have the causes etched into the rubber/plastic.
        I had one for our soldiers. It was yellow.
        I would like to hear more about this post though. I have no children at home, but several Grandchildren. Will definitely be watching this post!
        Kirkland I see boys & girls wearing them.
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I think what Din Din is talking about is those thin plastic bands that come in all different colors, jelly bracelets. Each color ment something. I know black was "I want to have sex". If a guy broke the band off of the girl or vise versa it ment she/he would have sex with that person. I don't know if it is still going on in the schools (DS's are both in college now). But just last year I know it was big in our middle school. Some schools were banning wearing them.

Here's something I found on it:

Many people have inquired about the latest fad in colleges, high schools, even middle schools!
          Those jelly bracelets from the 1980's are still being used today, but they have a completely different purpose than when Cyndi Lauper and Madonna wore them.

This new social phenomenon involves "snapping" the bracelet off the wearer, enabling the snapper to earn a sexual favor from the snappee based on the color of the snapped off bracelet.
          The colors each have a coded meaning as follows:

Yellow - indicates the wearer is willing to HUG
          Pink - indicates the wearer is willing to give a hickey
          Orange - indicates the wearer is willing to KISS
          Purple - indicates the wearer is willing to kiss a partner of either sex
          Red - indicates the wearer is willing to perform a LAP DANCE
          Green - indicates that ORAL SEX can be performed on a girl
          Clear - indicates a willingness to do "whatever the snapper wants"
          Blue - indicates ORAL SEX performed on a guy
          Black - indicates that the wearer will have regular "missionary" sex
          White - indicates the wearer will "FLASH" what they have
          Glittery Yellow - indicates HUGGING and KISSING is acceptable
          Glittery Pink - willing to "flash" (show) a body part
          Glittery Purple - wearer is willing to French (open mouth) kiss
          Glittery Blue - wearer is willing to perform anal sex
          Glittery Green - indicates that the wearer is willing to "69" (mutual oral sex)
          Glittery Clear - indicates that the wearer will let the snappee "feel up" or touch any body part they want

There are variations of course, just as there was with the M&M's back in the 80's. Many people thought that the yellow ones made you horny, but research proved that it was the green ones!
          To be sure, many children and even adults wear these decorative bracelets without any sexual connotation or meaning. Parents of young teenagers and children, obviously, should be aware of this.

Comment

Many people have inquired about the latest fad in colleges, high schools, even middle schools!
            Those jelly bracelets from the 1980's are still being used today, but they have a completely different purpose than when Cyndi Lauper and Madonna wore them.

This new social phenomenon involves "snapping" the bracelet off the wearer, enabling the snapper to earn a sexual favor from the snappee based on the color of the snapped off bracelet.
            The colors each have a coded meaning as follows:

* Yellow - indicates the wearer is willing to HUG
            * Pink - indicates the wearer is willing to give a hickey
            * Orange - indicates the wearer is willing to KISS
            * Purple - indicates the wearer is willing to kiss a partner of either sex
            * Red - indicates the wearer is willing to perform a LAP DANCE
            * Green - indicates that ORAL SEX can be performed on a girl
            * Clear - indicates a willingness to do "whatever the snapper wants"
            * Blue - indicates ORAL SEX performed on a guy
            * Black - indicates that the wearer will have regular "missionary" sex
            * White - indicates the wearer will "FLASH" what they have
            * Glittery Yellow - indicates HUGGING and KISSING is acceptable
            * Glittery Pink - willing to "flash" (show) a body part
            * Glittery Purple - wearer is willing to French (open mouth) kiss
            * Glittery Blue - wearer is willing to perform anal sex
            * Glittery Green - indicates that the wearer is willing to "69" (mutual oral sex)
            * Glittery Clear - indicates that the wearer will let the snappee "feel up" or touch any body part they want
            The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

How's that for timing??? Exact same article.
              The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

The issue was on the news about a year or two ago. Certain colors stood for 'how far a girl went'. When I asked my daughter about it at the time (she was 15) she hadn't seen those wristbands at her school. I haven't heard about them since.

Comment

Originally posted by floridagirly68 View Post
                  How's that for timing??? Exact same article.

, You must have teenagers also

Comment

I had never heard of this before today. I'm glad that my kids are grown. That is rather shocking to me, but I am grateful to know about it. Thanks for the info.
                    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

how ridiculous! I am so glad I do not have teenage children
                      The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ... but are felt in the heart. Helen Keller

Comment

Wow, I am so totally out of it. I have teenage granddaughters, neither one is wearing those bracelets, thank goodness. I will print this out for my daughter to read, but she is a teacher, so she may know all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Mom View Post
                          , You must have teenagers also
                          Yep...18 and 19.

Comment

Thank you. The bands my daughter is wearing are kind of like a hair band but different colors. I need to talk to her and find out why she is wearing them and if it is the same reason only she don't have jel bracelets. One of them is black so I really need to have a talk with her.

Comment

dindin, You probably don't have to worry, but it is best to be on top of these things. It may just be for her to pull her hair up during school at different times.

dragun

Comment

Working...
                              X