Kansas City Strip Steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City Strip Steak

The freezer package I bought has about 10 of these in it. I broiled one the other, just like I always do my rib steaks, and it just wasn't as tender, or flavorful, as a ribeye.
    I really hope I didn't make a mistake buying this stupid thing. So far, the only thing I've been happy with are the ribeyes and filet mignon...

Re: Kansas City Strip Steak

I have bought New York strip steaks in the past and they were not as good as ribeye steaks. I will not buy them agan. Ribeye and T-bone is all we buy. I don't know if NY strip is the same as Kansas City strip ??

Comment

I got about 10 strip steaks and about 10 "Kansas City" strip steaks. I haven't tried the first ones yet, but so far the only difference I can see is the KC steaks are bone-in.

Comment

No, the strip steaks that I got had no bone. The other steak we buy once in a while is a Porterhouse steak, but I think that one has a bone in it ?

Comment

A ribeye will be your most flavorful and tender steak because of the fat content and marbling. To me, filets taste like roast beef, and I don't care for them at all. Give me a juicy, thick-cut ribeye any day!!

Comment

Don't eat much steak, not an expert, but in my opinion a filet steak needs a sauce like a bernaise sauce, just to give it flavor.

Comment

Rib eyes are my favorite, but with the kansas city strip steak I would either marinate it in something or I would put tenderizer on it and "pound" it in, then let sit in the frig for several hours.

Comment

never can go wrong with a filet......actually sounds really good right now.

Comment

Working...
                X