Baking fool today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baking fool today!!

I have been baking since 9am.. DD turns 10 tomorrow and requested Wacky Cake with Baker's frosting and also requested peanut butter cookies to take to school as her treat. The house smells so good. She has no idea I made the cake. Only her & I eat chocolate cake so I had said I'm not sure if I should make it. I will make frosting after they go to bed. Cake will have to sit in fridge after frosting. right now cake is in my room in armoir. She will be so happy in 14hrs!!

By the way.. how did my DD get to be 10 so quickly. Even though I see her everyday I still remember better as a 5yr. She was 5 when I had my aneurysm and when I think of her I see her little. It is almost like I have 2 daughters.

Re: Baking fool today!!

Your not a baking fool, you are a loving Mother, that is so nice that you hid the cake to suprise her. Just don't forget where you hid it. I hope she has a wonderful birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by roset View Post
      Your not a baking fool, you are a loving Mother, that is so nice that you hid the cake to suprise her. Just don't forget where you hid it. I hope she has a wonderful birthday.

You just gave me a huge laugh!! Hubby told me where to put cake so he would know where it was in case I forgot. He said he could see it now.. in morning telling her I made you a cake but lost it, but here is a bowl of frosting

Comment

What a great surprise! I hope she has a wonderful birthday! They do grow up way too fast.

Comment

How sweet for both you and your daughter. I loved doing extra special cakes for my DD growing up. She remembers them all.
          "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

That's funny that you made Wacky Cake!!!!!.......I just made some Saturday evening only I put Peanut butter Icing on it.........when we had our thread here on CK about family recipes getting lost, etc. I became nostalgic for something my mom used to make me as a kid (she died @ age 36 in 1970 when I was one month shy of 13). Her Wacky Cake came to mind and I just now sat down and ate the last piece. I doubled the recipe and made a 13 x 9 cake instead of the regular 8 x 8. Well, I only had 2 pieces out of the entire cake and DH had the most of anyone!!!! He told me just now not to make it any more it was toooooo good!!!

I know what you mean about them growing so fast. I swear the last time I made Wacky Cake was when my kids were about 10. They are now 25, 25, and 23. DD wants me to start a collection of my recipes for her in a Family Cookbook. She's now 23 and living on her own 4 hrs away working on her doctorate @ graduate school. I miss having her around when I bake. Enjoy your time and Happy Birthday to your special little/big girl!!!!!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

AWW!! That is very sweet!! She will be so exited in the morning. My son loves for me to make brownies with frosting & mini m&m's for his birthday. He takes them to school to share! Just makes you feel all warm & fuzzy when you know they really appreciate what you have done for them!

Comment

What is Wacky Cake? Is there a recipe for it here somewhere?

Comment

Maddison.. I will post the one I have in Tried & True
                  Last edited by mommyx2; 09-08-2008, 07:51 PM.

Comment

What a delightful post! Wishing you and your lovely Daughter a wonderful day tomorrow with many more blessed memories to come!!!
                    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
                    X