Ike....Yikes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ike....Yikes!!!

I was looking on wunderground and they have Ike coming in right on top of us. I know it's early and things will most likely change before it makes landfall, but it's scary.

Re: Ike....Yikes!!!

Yes, it is. We are due for a bad one too.
    I will just pray that it will dissapate (sp). Hang in there!
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Oh no, you're going to evacuate aren't you?

Comment

No, we won't evacuate. We have too many animals to take care of and cannot travel with them. We are not that close to the coast (about 20 miles), so a storm surge will not effect us.
        After seeing what happened with katrina and Rita and the traffic, there is no way I'd get out on the highways and get stranded. It's safer to stay home.

Comment

Let us know how you did. I'm hoping it may just make a turn and get away from you. Do you have a generator?

Comment

Prayer's being sent to all of you. Be safe and leave if they tell you to....

Hug's
            food gal

Comment

i am 12 minutes from the gulf. sometimes 8 minutes....

i will not wig out
              i will not wig out
              i will not wig out
              i will not become a total freak over this..
              I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

(I am hugging you)
                (I am hugging you hard)
                (I am hugging you so hard that you cannot blow away)

Reallly hopes that helps...
                Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Oh Ginger that was so nice, if it hits Texas guess a few of us will be talking to ourselves, half the board is Texas. Got to keep a list of who is in Texas so after it hits we can have a roll call to see who's here & who isn't. I'm watching the weather but you never know how things turn around. I am worried for our friends in Texas, please all stay safe.

Comment

Actuallly, I feel sort of bad because I have been hoping that Ike does not head up the eastern seaboard. We are heading to South Carolina (Edisto Island) for a week's holiday.

(sorry )
                    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I'm still hoping it goes due west into Mexico. That area isn't too populated. I really, really wish the top would just blow off of it and it dies

Comment

We are about 45 minutes from Galveston, but in the general Bay Area.
                        We know where our shelters are and will definitely head for them when needed.
                        I will not get caught up in the rat race of trying to leave and get stranded on Interstate. I live in a mobile home and will definitely seek shelter.
                        Thank-you all for prayers, kindness, & well wishes...
                        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

i live 200 miles north of new orleans. had 45 mileand hour winds. 20 inches of rain. in the one last week. power out 3 days. live in city limits of a 20000 town. don't be a fool. leave.

Comment

I heard them say that it may take the same path as "Rita" did. I hope not, then I'll be on the east side of it. Not a good thing!!

Nicki

Comment

We have just spent the last few days worrying about Ike hitting us and now it's your worry. I had already decided that it didn't matter where this storm headed that he was trouble. Praying for you guys in Texas and those in Mexico that might be impacted. In the back of my mind, I worry that Ike might do a loop-de-loop like some of other storms have done this year and come back our way! No matter where it ends, someone is looking at buckets of rain and wind. Enough already !

Comment

Working...
                              X