strong carrots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strong carrots

I bought some carrots at the farmers market. Maybe I am just used to the water-logged peeled baby carrots....these smell and taste SO STRONG. I was going to throw them in some chicken soup. Do you think they will mellow out or am I going to ruin my soup?

Re: strong carrots

You could parboil them before adding them to the soup.

Comment

Yes, I have found that the taste does mellow down when you put them into soups and stews. I call it an "earthy" carrot taste. Maybe they are better for you that way because they have more beta carotene in them?!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

They should mellow down with cooking. I think the stronger smell has something to do with the amout of moisture in the soil.....but don't quote me on that
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I ALWAYS add a little sugar to my carrots and many other veggies to take that twang out. Works like a charm for me...
          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
          X