that stupid dress code again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that stupid dress code again..

so this morning my 10th grader leaves for school.
    she's wearing a dark blue shirt with a light blue stripped under tank top, those with the built in bras..

she calls the house, dh answers it, she tells him that she needs him to bring her another shirt, that a teacher sent her to the office because her sleeves are too short.
    he's blown instantly. tells me I got this!
    he grabs a t shirt and walks out the house.

he gets to the school, and the damn receptionist is wearing a tank top. NO sleeves/
    he sees the asst principle, ( she same jerk who told her to take her earring out... him. nothing ever came out of that again) husband said my daughter called me to bring her a new shirt, teacher sent her here because her sleeves are too short, I am not making her change her shirt, there is nothing wrong with it, and your recoptionist is wearing a tank top, as i sat here, watching teachers and students walk by , there are a ton of others who should be here instead, I am not making my daughter change her shirt.

dude stood there and said I agree. who told you this? she gives him her name and he said if you have any more problems come see me i totally agree.

nothing about the earring. today she's wearing that half twist earring, with a pink ball on each end. he said nothing about it. what the crap is that about?
    good golly.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: that stupid dress code again..

Sometimes, Stella, a teacher just seems to have it in for a student. My DD had one teacher in Catholic high school who just treated her differently. She was marked late if she was not in her seat when the bell rang. This was not necessary for the other students. They even noticed that the teacher treated her differently. Just never got it. She was a good student. Not a trouble maker. I would watch the situation closely.

Comment

this wasn't even HER teacher, is was some teacher chicka in the hall way...
      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

What a hassle. Sorry to hear that they are picking on your daughter like that. Maybe they will leave her alone now that hubby lined them out! I hope so. Totally uncalled for.
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

That is just crazy!!! Sounds like this teacher woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I agree though - some teachers just have it in for some students.

Comment

well i totally agree with dress codes,not necessarily with what happened, but with dress codes. period. i see what these kids where, i know that some change after they get to school, you know that right? maywalk out with one thing on over another, and then take off the outer when they get to school; i have seen many times these a$$ short skirts, shorts, midrift shirts, tight clothes, whatever, as they enter the hallowed halls of high school; and the teachers have to put up with this and attitudes, all the while trying to teach a class of probably half-awake, half-not interested in being there, half-listening teenagers. who the heck wants that job? not me, thank goodness, because i would be so strict it would not even be funny; i have friends and DH in the education industry, and the bottom line is, most or even half of the parents could not care a rip. they allow their kids to leave elementary school without the ability to read higher than a 2nd grade level and then expect the teachers on up to accommodate their inability to comprehend the lessons. i have an attitude, oh yes I do, when it comes to the public expecting the teachers to teach morals, respect, manners, how to dress, how to act in public, how to just behave, just simply behave.

Comment

dot, i totally am al for a dress code.
              all of my kids are modest and have no intrest in many of the trends that are out there, my son would not step foot out of this door with out looking all preppy, american eagle or ambercrombe hollister, belted, gel hair and clean shoes.
              DD2 who is in high school, did not change her shirt. she's too busy hiding under her clothes, she's embarrassed by the lack of the upstairs. she's mostly a jeans and t shirt with flip flop kinda girl. school pictures are today, so she went with a reg shirt today.

I cannot stand the hanging shorts. jeans grabbing the crotch to hold up the clothes.
              i am aware there are kids to may change at school, this isn't my kid.

the teacher was out of line. you cannot tell the kids one thing and have the staff dress the other. thankfully the asst principle agreed. however he's the same guy who told her to remove her earring, she didn't. it's not in the handbook. and he said nothing of it today with her dad standing there.

there should be no grey area in the dress code. I am all for it. but follow it

Comment

stella: i totally agree, no grey areas when it comes to the dress code; kids think they have the right to wear whatever they want, but really, they have no rights, until they graduate, turn 18 and become law-abiding contributing members of society.

Comment

when my dd went to highschool..she said the popular girls got away with the dress code..but the nerds or outcast woulld immediatly get into trouble..

Comment

i am sure that that "rule" still applies, because usually their parents are known and heaven forbid we challenge their "right" to express themselves.........yea right. go express yourself.

Comment

That does not need to go unnoted. It needs to be reported to the school board. Who knows what else kooky stuff that teacher does. All incidents need to be noted so maybe they will put it together.
                      www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

Originally posted by dottalk View Post
                        stella: i totally agree, no grey areas when it comes to the dress code; kids think they have the right to wear whatever they want, but really, they have no rights, until they graduate, turn 18 and become law-abiding contributing members of society.
                        if you were raised in my household? then you have no rights to what you wear or where you go until after you move out lol

my oldest is 19, she is required to put her work schedule and her school schedule on the fridge, she has to let me know what her plans are, where she'll be she calls on her way home. I will not sit up late not knowing where she is, or when she'll be home. she will not walk out that door if her attaire is icky. luckily, i don't have problems with my kids and their dress..

Comment

Although we have had administrators who would LIKE to have a staff dress code, it is not in our contract. The best they can say is "we encourage you to dress like a professional." Sorry, but if I have to be compared to a student with their rights and habits.... I want a raise. If you go to any professional and they are dressed tacky, it is different then children dressing tacky. Being a good role model should happen everywhere, not just by school personnel.

We have one teacher who notices and turns in all the dress code violations. All children are treated equally. She just notices things right away. Unless I had a student falling out of their clothes, I doubt I would notice. I typically don't read T-shirts either. So, I guess I'm grateful someone enforces it. Our policy is written pretty straight- straps must be 1" wide. NO CLEAVAGE, no skin or undergarments visible between the bottom and top(including when you bend or stretch),to name a few.

Comment

When I was working in the school system, the district I worked for had a dress code for teachers, spelled out. But one by one people ignored it, and when the VP ignores it, what can you expect from the kids?

Comment

Working...
                            X