Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i have an extra flute...

it's an armstrong 101.

it's ruined, estimate is 300 for repair. needs new rods, new screws, new pads new cork....we have two others, this isn't the only option i have. i bought it off ebay, used, and it's held up well for the money i put into it.

I refuse to pay 300 for an over haul repair.

what do i do with it? cannot sell it, not in my heart i cannot. knowing it needs so much work.

i don't think i can melt it down. it's not fully silver.

the band said i could donate it, and they will pay the repair and use it for someone in beginner band who cannot afford one.

I guess that's my best option,. thanks for listening me talk that out.
    ya'll are such great friends.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: so i have an extra flute...

Donate it or put it in nice Christmas floral arrangement!

Comment

hey there ya go! A christmas arrangement!! lol that's cute !!
      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Back in the olden days when I was in band, our band director was able to fix some instruments himself for band students. If you want to sell it, sell it as "well used" or "as is" Could be someone needs a part off it.

Comment

I think donating it would be a great idea. And you would know that you were giving the gift of music to a child in need.

dragun

Comment

Originally posted by dragun6 View Post
            I think donating it would be a great idea. And you would know that you were giving the gift of music to a child in need.

dragun
            that's what is important. i paid 200 for it 4 years ago.

wells, it has rusted bars, screws are not secure. all new pads and corks...
            DD has a problem with sweaty hands. the good flute is in the shop too, that's 78 for cleaning, we do this often because of the sweaty hands. plus the humidity here.

at least if it isn't able to be repaired then mr instrument man can use it for parts??

how do i claim that?? i have to put a price on it?

Comment

I wish you Good Luck and think your best bet is in donating!
              Yous a good girly My Stella!
              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I would write yourself a receipt and figure out a donation amount by this way... you paid $200 /used four years, Divide by five and you get a donation amount of $40/dollars. I used five for the divide because you bought it used. I figure that would be good for depreciation(?)

Or ask the school just for a letter or receipt of your donation and ask taxpreparer how to afix a value to it.

but that is only my opinion.
                dragun

Comment

that makes a little bit of sense

Comment

Working...
                  X