Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 more minutes and we'll know how stupid she is

or how smart??

last week, DD was leaving band practice, she was in my miata.
    with a friend which we knew, high school is 4miles away.

that was the perfect night for my husband to follow her. and he did.

she didn't come home like she was expected too. she went the looong way. just when i really think that there could a way that long, but she did. she did everything right, she wasn't speeding, she didn't race the car, she used her blinker's she stopped like she should.... but she didn't come home the direct route as instructed.

her sick argument?
    well ***** ( her older sister) doesn't come home the SAAAMMMMEEEEE way every single time either!! Dh said suck it up sally!! she's 19, pays for her own car, and she's proven to be responsible and you have been driving what a month?

he'll follow her again tonight, we'll see.

PLEASE let her do it correctly. she cannot possibly be that stupid can she?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: 30 more minutes and we'll know how stupid she is

Oh, Stella...........YES. THEY CAN BE THAT STUPID. I just hope that your's isn't........I would hate for my son to lose his STUPID CROWN.
    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed !

Comment

when she got to the friends house one block over, dad pulled up behind her, she never saw him behind her. she said " hi daddy what's up? "

he blasted both of them. about if you were in the ditch because the road she took is a two lane losing dark road.

she lost the car for a week. i think she was thinking oh they are just mad i'll lose the car for a day and it'll blow over. nope.

she's on cloud nine today. she moved up to the better band the blue team.
        and the popular guy asked her to homecoming. just as friends. but she's stoked.

please come home the correct way..... dad will blow UP if she doesn't.
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Yeah, they sure can be stupid at that age. And the most worrisome part would have been if she did have a flat and went off the road, you wouldn't even think about looking along the route she took.

Fingers crossed that she learned from her last experience.
          Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

that's what we told her.

going down the road she did, if she blew a tire, or the steering colum broke, and she ended up in the ditch we'd wouldn't find her until tomorrow.

I reminded her, remember when you were in third grade? and chelsey called me told me you fell and you were hurt and bleeding and crying? i asked where were is she? and she tells me you were by the bridge....

she had gone the long way home, out the back of the school, and then around to be with friends. she was riding her bike. i couldn't find her. finally find her, i'm ticked off and some stranger has her in the driveway, sitting with her and she's all bandaged up.
            i tore her up. hollered at her all the way home, and into the next day.

so last week, she's telling me MOM that was like 7 years ago.
            i said see the pattern? she didn't get it. lol

Comment

crossing fingers her for her! Please let her have more than "You blah blah blah........car." Because I swear mine only hears that way.

Monday after eye appt. he has an eye infection and is only wearing one contact, "Mom, let me drive back to school?" Me "Aaa NO, you only have one contact in."
              Tonite, He "I am not driving again with one contact in." Me "Who let you drive that way??????? Are they crazy???" Him "My dad"

Well that explains that.

dragun

Comment

ok, no offense but your son and my daughter need to stay far away from each other !!

Comment

LOL! That was excellent timing and I still am laughin about it.

He had a gf last year that was just as lost common sense wise and I prayed they would break up. Family joke was that they would leave their house and never find it againl.

dragun

Comment

One of my co-workers just lost her car. Her DD had driven it home from school, and cornered a wee to fast. She rolled it. KIDS.

Last year we had a student who drove into a ditch on the way to school. His friend in the passenger seat didn't have a scratch, driver was killed instantly! We only have 350 children in the entire 4K-12 school district, one death hits particularly hard(everyone knows everyone else).

Comment

That reminded me of a story with DS 2 just after he got his licence. He asked Dad if he could drive out to the gas station to rent a movie, a few miles away. He didn't come back, didn't come back ,,,,,,,,THEN we get the phone call,,,,,,he went 'cruising' with a buddy, it had just started to rain, he went off the road and flipped the truck into the ditch! No one was hurt thank God.
                      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I am hoping she learned her lesson Stella. Y'all did the right thing.You are good parents. It is very scary when kids start to drive on their own...
                        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I guess you just know how much your kids individually need to be watched, but the kids in my family would not be watched like that. Seems like micro-parenting. I know some kids need it. We could go wherever we wanted if we had a real liscence, not learners.

I was a real goody-goody though. I could be out until 2am if I wanted because if I was, it was just hanging out watching tv or working on schoolwork. If I went to a bar to see a band, I would have a soft drink or maybe one drink(very rare, after I turned 18, and it was before they were big on carding). No biggie. Parents never had to check up on me. Had to question my brother more, but we were just always honest kids.

It would be weird to have every move watched. I wonder if this is what makes some kids act out and lie about where they are? It's a different world now though because your kids are growing up with many kids who were not parented worth a crap which makes more bad influences out there...But the bad influences were there when I was growing up, they just did not influence me. Who knows.
                          www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

I have to agree with southern jewish princess here. You're out spying on your daughter?
                            If you distrust her that much why let her use the car? I don't see this as a base for a trusting parent/teen relationship.
                            Most teens would tend toward more evasive behavior once they found a parent was spying on them. JMHO

Comment

You know what?
                              I think people should keep tabs on there kids when they are kids.
                              It's a whole different ballgame when they are grown......and generally too late.
                              Kids are kids,
                              Parents SHOULD be parents. You know...the ones that set the guidlines and the rules....? lol!
                              Last edited by TexAnn; 09-10-2008, 01:30 PM.
                              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
                              X