Ike is kicking me out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ike is kicking me out

well the day has just begun and I'm already running late. with too many irons in the fire and too much on my plate. I'd be pulling out my hair if i could just get one hand free, and i'd stop this world if I could find the key.......

what I see, is telling me this world's gone crazy, but what is real is God's still on his throne, but the lord of the gentle breeze is lord of the rough and tumble, and he is the king of the jungle.......

so i get up at 515 this morning turn on the news to see what ike says. Mandatory evacuation.

so it looks like I gotta get on down the road. not sure where i will go at this minute.
    did get an email from my dad, he said i can go there, *sigh* he isn't talking to me, so that will be all odd, or i can go to flower mound to my friends house, but that will be odd too. invading someone's house like that.

God is in control. I have faith in that.
    trying to stay calm, cool and collected. it isn't easy.

don't know when i will be back, talk to you peeps later.
    please pray for all of us here............
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: Ike is kicking me out

Prayers sent your way, Stella.

Comment

Stella,
      Prayers for you all and I hope Ike doesn't do much damage to you all!!! I know you aren't sure where to go, but pray on it and God will lead you to the right house.

dragun

Comment

Wish you well Stella! Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for safety and no damage from hurricane ike.

Comment

Good Luck-if possible keep us posted. You are in my prayers.
          Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

be careful, and just go somewhere; my nephew and his wife live in texas, stationed there in coast guard, and this is second time for them to leave, and she is PREGNATN AND DUE IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS! YIKES, they have no choice...........be safe.

Comment

Be safe, whereever you chose to go. You can always go and stay in a motel for a day or two, if you don't want to stay with your Dad or your friend. Storm is not supposed to hit until Friday at the earliest, so you do have some time.

Comment

Be Safe Sweet Stella! I love you and you know you will be in all of our prayers. Keep in touch if you can. You will be missed.
                Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Stella be safe and leave if they tell you to. Prayers being sent to you and everyone else who is in the path of this...

Hug's
                  foodgal

Comment

Where's the mandatory evacuation? I live in Galveston county and haven't heard of any.

Comment

The only mandatory evacuation I have heard of is for people with medical problems to get out of the Corpus area. I have not heard about any other evacuation either.

Comment

Texas emergency officials are taking no chances with the lives of people who have special medical needs and are in the path of Hurricane Ike.

Officials in Brazoria County, Texas, have issued some evacuation orders as Hurricane Ike moves toward the Gulf Coast, KPRC-TV in Houston reported.

A mandatory evacuation has been ordered for 10 a.m. Wednesday for residents just south of Houston and all people who have special medical needs and are in the path of Hurricane Ike.

Some residents of the Corpus Christi area will be put on buses Wednesday morning and taken to San Antonio. State troopers and local police also will guide traffic along an evacuation route.

Emergency officials also are getting ready to evacuate 1 million people from the impoverished Rio Grande Valley. They've lined up nearly 1,000 buses in case they're needed to move out the many poor and elderly people who have no cars.

Forecasters said the Category 1 hurricane could be as strong as a Category 3 storm when it makes landfall in Texas or northern Mexico this weekend.
                        Forecasters say Ike is most likely to hit near Corpus Christi, Texas.

Comment

I'd Be Leaving Also. Good Luck!

Comment

Stay safe! I'm dreading this one and I'm not near the coast, just in the path.

Comment

We are about 3 hour drive inland from Corpus, and we are supposed to get high wind and lots of rain, be prepared for power outages. So get the candles and flashlights , transister radios ready

Comment

Working...
                              X