Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oxiclean..how do you use yours or is there something better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxiclean..how do you use yours or is there something better?

Need some feedback plz. My MIL uses it and she doesn't care if it is used with hot or coldwater when soaking clothes to get the stains out. I wanted to find out your experiences with it...hot or cold water and do you use more than they state for soaking clothes in it or what they call for.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Gina
    John 10:9
    www.opendoorchili.org

Re: Oxiclean..how do you use yours or is there something better?

I use "Awesome" found at the dollar store and its, well, awesome!

Comment

In the last week I have used Oxyclean 3 times to get stains out of clothes. Each time, I used it with the hottest water the clothing could tolerate. I was very impressed with the results.
      Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I use Awesome for many things. Do you use it on your clothes as well? If so, what ratio of Awesome to water do you use?

Comment

I spray it on stains before washing with regular detergent. Some deep or stubborn stains may need a bit of scrubbing but usually just a spray works.

Comment

I love Awesome and didn't know I could use it on clothes. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I use put a scoopful in a regular load of wash.. brightens it all up. I do all my wash in cold/cold

Comment

I must be the total oddman out, but I was not impressed with oxyclean. I have tried it on stains and just using it to brighten up a load, and nothing.

Sorry, I forgot to add what I do use. For stains I love shout, for grass stains (or football clothes) I use regular dawn dish detergent rubbed into the clothing, and to give my laundry a boost cup of bleach.

dragun
                Last edited by dragun6; 09-10-2008, 08:16 PM. Reason: stupidity...forget to add in item

Comment

I have to go with the awesome girls. It really is AWESOME. I got it in the dollar store too. It took out a spot of hair dye I got on some fabric and you would never know it was there.

Comment

For those of you who use Awesome...what is the ratio of Awesome to water that you use when you use it on clothing? Also, I have purchased the spray bottles at the Dollar Tree (20 oz. for $1) and found a slightly better deal at Dollar General (64 oz. for $3...not in a spray bottle).

Comment

Originally posted by NelliesMom View Post
                      For those of you who use Awesome...what is the ratio of Awesome to water that you use when you use it on clothing? Also, I have purchased the spray bottles at the Dollar Tree (20 oz. for $1) and found a slightly better deal at Dollar General (64 oz. for $3...not in a spray bottle).
                      I do not use it as a detergent, ie. Tide, etc. I use it as a spot remover in addition to my laundry detergent. Like a spot remover. Just do your laundry as usual but spray the spots on clothing with Awesome that you need to get out. I spray it on directly without adding water. You know like Spray -n- wash, shout, etc.

Comment

The Awesome bottle says to dilute it so I just wondered if those who use it on clothing do so.
                        My Mom rubbed up against some white paint and it is dried on her nylon coat. I wanted to try to get the spot out for her.

Comment

Will the hot water set the stain?

Comment

I used to use oxyclean until I found Awesome. I use Awesome to clean just about everything. I don't dilute it. For clothes I spray a bit on and let it sit a few minutes before throwing in the wash.

Comment

I think you all just sold me on Awesome. My son started playing football and I can't get his pants from grey to white like they are supposed to be. Clorox isn't helping.

Comment

Working...
                              X