This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama 143 Days Experience

You couldn't get a job at McDonalds and become district manager after 143 days of experience.
    You couldn't become chief of surgery after 143 days of experience of being a surgeon.
    You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be the superintendent after 143 days of experience.
    You couldn't join the military and become a colonel after a 143 days of experience.
    You couldn't get a job as a reporter and become the nightly news anchor after 143 days of experience.
    BUT....
    'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate.
    That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.
    After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World, and fill the shoes of Abraham Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan. 143 days?

Re: Obama 143 Days Experience

Beats this...

Sarah Palin fired a librarian, Mary Ellen Emmons, when she was mayor of Wasilla because Mary refused to ban the books Palin wanted her to from the public library. Palin was forced to rehire her because of public disapproval. Time Magazine is including this in an article in their latest issue.

http://www.adn.com/sarah-palin/story/515512.html

On May 22, 2008, Palin threatened to sue the Bush administration if they would not remove polar bears from the list of endangered species. She did this because their presence on the list means that there can be no oil pipeline in parts of Alaska that contain polar bears.

http://www.adn.com/polarbears/story/413710.html

On that note, Palin does not believe that human behavior is a cause of climate change. In short, she does not believe in human-caused global warming or believe that we are responsible for similar environmental concerns.

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/sarah_palin_vp/2008/08/29/126139.html

Palin is anti-abortion, but just how much you ask? She is against abortion in all cases except for serious danger to the mother's life. Anything short of that, however, such as rape or incest, and you have no choice.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/01/palin-on-abortion-id-oppo_n_122924.html

Palin is a Creationist to the point of believing that Creationism should be taught as substitute for evolution in all PUBLIC schools.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/29/sarah-palin-says-she-open_n_122519.html

As far as our troops in Iraq go, she claimed that "our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God," (Palin). In the same breath, she also asked the congregation of her church to pray for the 30 billion dollar pipeline in Alaska. She claimed that "God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas pipeline built," (Palin). Both quotes are in the CNN article.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/08/palin.pastor/index.html

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080903/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_palin_iraq_war

The last time I checked, Palin's political agenda is one of a woman who believes that she is in a theocracy. That is, a country that is governed by the national religion. The only problem is that America is a democracy. Voting for a 72 year old man with a bad history of melanoma, who could die and leave her as the PRESIDENT, is not just irresponsible, it is downright insane.
    Last edited by southernjewishprincess; 09-10-2008, 08:43 PM.
    www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

We can bat around all kinds of words about these two who want to run our country. But what counts is getting out and voting. It is not worth losing a friend to have the last word. I am sick of both. If you believe either one about what they say about eachother I wouldn't let them feed my dogs. I love my dogs. Oh well now I have written this so toss me in the pot with everyone else. LOL

Comment

I'm voting pro-choice, so I guess that would be the Dems. Sorry, Repubs.
        Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

"After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World, and fill the shoes of Abraham Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan. 143 days?"

You will find in the Constitution of the United States, Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 qualifications required to become president. Presidents must be: natural-born citizens of the United States at least thirty-five years old must have been resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

I have to admire a young man who has the courage to try to direct the country to a more positive change and especially one that is concerned not only with our country and progress but of how we are viewed around the world. As stated before, apparently he has a message that over half of the American people agree with or he would not have gotten this far. George Bush has had years and still can't get it right. Lol, lol

Mr. Obama obtained early education in Jakarta, Indonesia, and Hawaii; continued education at Occidental College, Los Angeles, Calif.; received a B.A. in 1983 from Columbia University, New York City; worked as a community organizer in Chicago, Ill.; studied law at Harvard University, where he became the first African American president of the Harvard Law Review, and received J.D. in 1991; lecturer on constitutional law, University of Chicago; member, Illinois State senate 1997-2004; elected as a Democrat to the U.S. Senate in 2004 for term beginning January 3, 2005.

Based on the Constitution he seems qualified to me!

Peace

Comment

This is from Politifact

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/sep/03/fact-sheet-experience-and-tickets/

SEN. BARACK OBAMA, Democratic presidential nominee

Obama, 47, has been a U.S. Senator for Illinois for the past four years.

Prior to that, he was a state senator for eight years, from 1996 to 2004.

He also was a civil rights attorney for four years full time, and he practiced law part time during the eight years he was in the state legislature.

Obama also taught law school part-time and wrote a couple of best-selling memoirs. Right after college, Obama spent three years working as a community organizer, a part of his history that is often highlighted on the campaign trail.

Community organizer: Three years.

Professional/legal experience: Four years full-time and eight years part-time.

Teaching experience: 11 years part-time.

State legislative experience: Eight years.

Federal legislative experience: Four years.

Comment

These types of discussions cause problems among friends in real life and on message boards. They just seem to get too heated.

Comment

"Palin is anti-abortion, but just how much you ask? She is against abortion in all cases except for serious danger to the mother's life. Anything short of that, however, such as rape or incest, and you have no choice"

If these two get into office they will set women back to the 1950's when women, desperate not to have a child would risk their lives having illegal abortions. A woman should have the right to what happens to their bodies.

How in the world would you feel having to go to term with your fathers baby inside of you? Sorry to be so crude but these things happen every day to females!

This woman is a clear danger to all American women with her pro life/anti-abortion stance and we should not fall for it. We do not need to go backwards, we need to go forward in a positive direction.

Thank you SJP for the rundown, and thank you AllieK for the resume.

Comment

I think it all got screwed up, Hillary was suppose to win and it would be her against Mc Cain. Things would have been way different. I personally think Obama is suprised he made it this far. That is why so many of us are flip flopping and still waiting to figure it out. I will say most of us will be glued to the TV on election day. It will be close. In 4yrs you will see Hillary up there again. We will try to choose the right one for us no matter what other people say. That's America, I just wish the celebrities would stop using their power to endorse people, I really could care less, but they have no business to tell people the way they want to vote. I don't care about them, their income level is different than mine and I will choose who I want and that is what we should all do, listen and try to do the right thing. Also do you believe everything they say??? I don't. I do think it will be a close election.

Comment

What exactly does a community organizer do ?

Comment

Mmm.... community organizer.....

Well, for the past 7 years I have organized a music festival in my town. I've also organized meals for people who are ill or just had a baby. I wonder if that qualifies as community organizer?

Comment

Heck alidoremi, that qualifies you to be President.

Comment

At least Obama has Biden's 36 years of experience to back him. McCain (who at 72, has had 4 bouts of melanoma) is being backed by someone who has not only no real experience but is a dangerous and irresponsible choice.

A poll was taken in 22 different countries and ALL of them chose Obama over McCain as the preferred leader of the U.S.! I think that says something we should all pay attention to!

Comment

Biden is not exactly a spring chicken himself, he was born in 1942, so he is 65 /66. And has a history of 2 brain aneurysm. Sounds to me that either one could drop at any moment.

Comment

Obama is frustrated. He’s cranky. He was on his way to a coronation and now finds himself in a catfight that, so far, he’s losing.
                              And so the Obama team is lashing out. The same day they started the “lipstick” meme, Democrats sent out 12 press releases attacking the bottom of the GOP ticket.
                              The Wall Street Journal reports that the Obama campaign has “airdropped a mini-army of 30 lawyers, investigators and opposition researchers” into Alaska, all to deal with the Palin problem.Obama’s poll numbers keep sinking, his fundraising is flat. And there isn’t a Swift Boat in sight.
                              Just a hockey mom with a bachelor’s degree, who has brought the great and powerful Obama to his knees.

Comment

Working...
                              X