Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ike

Hi Ya'll!
    Been watching Stormpulse.com & listening to local channel over the past couple of days and it looks like Hurricane Ike is rapidly moving towards my neck of the woods...
    I may have to evacuate, so if you don't hear from me, I will be back..asap.
    Just this morning it was headed towards Corpus...
    In the last five hours it has drastically changed directions and is headed towards my direction...
    I'm not skeered...have a plan...
    Prayers are greatly appreciated though...
    Love to you all....
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Re: Ike

Stay safe and up date us when you can. I know the whole board is praying and watching how Ike turns and all. Good Luck!

dragun

Comment

Thank-you Dragun...it is so much appreciated dear friend... (((((Moo Ahh!!!)))))
      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I'm trying to remember who is leaving, so far it's Stella, Nu & now Texann. I think Sabine said she will button down the hatches. I just want to make sure we hear from our friends after the storm to make sure they are all safe. If anyone leaves or going threw this storm please let us know that you are safe. Let's do roll call on Monday to make sure everyone is home & doing well, we love all of you and pray for you & your family.

Comment

The eye may pass right over us. It may take a few days to get the electricity and internet service back up, but I'll check back in as soon as possible.

Comment

Thanks AllieK I just put you on my list of people, so far it's you, Nu, Stella & Texann anyone else? I know we have alot of people from Texas here but don't know if they live near Ike's storm. Oh Sabine too on the list.

Comment

We are near Brazos County and it is looking like it will pass over us with 60 mph winds so I am getting things ready today. The only way we won't be affected badly is if it lands north/east of Galveston. So we are watching and praying.
              ""Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.""

Comment

Everyone---stay safe!!!
                Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

I got up this mornning and it looks like it is moving more toward the Houston area. I know we aren't out of the woods yet though.

Comment

Nu is not leaving, she lives close to the Oklahoma border, no danger for her. I heard just now it's supposed to come into the Houston / Galveston area. It's a wait and see situation

Comment

You may want to text someone to let them know you are ok. I know a friend of mine in Houston is going to be txt'ing me

Comment

They're starting to close schools here in SW La. We'll be on the east side of the storm and that's NOT good!!

Comment

I'm Good, I'm Way Up N. Central Tx. They Originally Plotted The Graph Of It Going Right Over Us, But Now It's More East Of Dallas Area. (last I Looked Anyway)

Comment

Working...
                          X