Need some serious prayers please..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some serious prayers please..

Tuesday afternoon, 2 boys from my son's school were involved in a terrible car accident. This happened not far from my home. One of the boys is a member of our church here and him and his family are very active. The other boy is his best friend. The boys were in a truck, and lost control (roads were very slick as it was raining) and wrapped the truck around a tree. Dan was actually there when he saw them trying to cut Tyler out. They had to cut the truck up like a sardine can, while a Paramedic was in the seat next to Tyler trying to give him some oxygen.
    The following is from one of our Pastor's husbands who is a RN. Please, please pray for these boys...We have held a Prayer vigil last night here at church, and it will continue through Friday. HUNDREDS of kids from three of our local High Schools have come in and signed the banners we have for both of the boys, and there has been a lot of praying going on. But, we still need much more....

From John: "I have seen both young men. Tyler is very critical and is improving. He is in the best care for his injuries in the DFW metroplex. I believe God will work a miracle and that this young man will walk across the stage and get his high school diploma this school year. His friend, John Burns saved his life getting out of the vehicle and activating EMS. From the time the accident occurred and including now he has received excellent care that is saving his life. We know that this is because God is in control. John Burns was awake and in his room and had a half dozen beautiful girls, classmates of his from Martin, in his room when I visited him. He thinks he is going to have surgery for his broken neck sometime today. He has no spinal injury at this point. Elton, Mary and Tyler's brother and sisters all need our prayers. This will likely be a very long process for them as Tyler recovers. They covet your prayers most of all. They are tired but do feel God's presence. Coffee is their beverage of choice for now. I personally know many of Tyler's doctors and I have absolute confidence in them. Tyler's medical issues include brain swelling, fractures and he has 2 chest tubes. Both Mary and Elton both said that the physicians had little hope yesterday and most of the night but this morning he had shown remarkable improvement. Tyler was the patient that grand rounds was done on this week. His attending physician is knowledgable and the staff are quite competent in what they do. I know since I do the same thing here. He specifically needs prayer for temperature control of his body. He needs to have a normal temperature or slightly low temperature. He needs to have improved blood flow in his brain and you should pray that his ICP(intracranial pressure) will remain normal. John Burns was the driver and he is also Tyler's best friend along with a young man named Curtis. Tyler lost a very large amount of blood yesterday and at times he had difficulty with his blood clotting yet these have reversed today. Dr. Scott had a powerful message from God this past Sunday. We have a powerful God. I pray that the angel of death passes over Tyler and his family and that healing continues. May God who is merciful, mighty and all powerful be praised."
    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: Need some serious prayers please..

My Prayers go out for the boys and their families!
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Wow! Prayers from me for everyone. I so believe that prayer works --

Comment

Both boys and their families are in my heart and in my prayers. What a beautiful message from Dr. Scott.

Comment

Prayers being sent to the boys and there families...God Bless them..

Comment

Thanks y'all. It has been so obvious that God's hand has touched these boys. The Neurologist told Tyler's family yesterday morning that he was shocked at Tyler's progress. He said he had not wanted to say anything the day before, but, he really didn't think he was going to make it through the night.

Tyler actually "died" twice on the way to the hospital. They had to bring him back once at the scene, and then stopped off at another hospital on the way to resuscitate him again. We are assuming they did not airlift him because of the weather and the possible threat of lightening?

We had large pieces of craft/butcher paper on the tables to form a banner for each boy at last nights Prayer Vigil. They have already replaced that paper for each of them twice.. I looked over them today at work and was almost in tears just reading what their friends wrote....The plan is to hang them in the boys rooms so that when they will see them and be lifted up by all the wonderful thoughts, prayers, and blessings.

We also have two guest books to be signed by each person that comes in for the vigil or to light a candle. I went to the Hallmark store yesterday to buy them. The sales lady was so touched by the story that she "lent" (put on her personal charge account) a beautiful cross and holder. She let me pick out any cross, and the one I picked out is SO BEAUTIFUL.... It says "Lord, Hear Our Prayers". She said we could just bring it back after the vigil, but I think I may wind up buying it.

Thanks so much for the prayers and I will keep y'all updated on the boys' progress...
            Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Add me to the prayers and thoughts chain.
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Prayers for both boys and their family and friends.
                Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

This from Tyler's mom, Mary:

Hi all. I'm writing to let you know how Tyler is doing. Most of you are well – aware that he and his friend, John, were in a serious vehicle accident on Tuesday of this week.

There are a few things I need to say and I'll probably not do it well. Please forgive my inadequate words as I'm exhausted and emotional at the moment. First and foremost, Tyler had a good day today. His brain swelling seems to have significantly reduced (as in 75% less than yesterday!). God is good. His lungs look a little better today and simply need time at this point. It appears that he will be on the ventilator for several more days (at a minimum) while they keep him in a medically induced coma so that his head and chest injuries can begin to resolve. The body has an amazing capacity for healing when it needs to (and did I mention God is good?)

John also had a good day. He went home from the hospital! Broken neck, broken collar bone and collapsed lung… and the boy was able to go home today. God is good!!

The second topic is one that I'm going to have a difficult time expressing properly, I'm sure… we, as a family are completely humbled and … and I can't even find the word I need here… amazed, stunned, grateful… none of those words seem to do it. We have experienced so many blessings from this experience in the ~60 hrs since this incident occurred that I can't describe it. The outpouring of love and prayers and offers of help, assistance, food, help with the kids, you-name-it that people have offered… is almost overwhelming in how powerful the feelings of support are. The students, friends, soccer team mates, church families (many, many churches are praying and reaching out to us), teachers, counselors, pastors, school mates, neighbors, colleagues…even strangers – all the kids and parents who have spent time with us in the Trauma ICU – and let me tell you – those high school kids and other young adults have restored my faith in the youth of today. They are amazing people! Through you, God is good! I'm actually speechless… for those of you who know me well this is somewhat of a miracle in and of itself. ;-)

I'm actually able to joke a little because I have the peace that you all have prayed for our family. Tyler is alive today… the boy is alive today because of the prayers you all have prayed for our family and the clinicians who are working on him. John went home today because of the prayers you all prayed. God is good!

There was another series of miracles with Tyler today. Too many stories to tell here but know that your prayers are being answered and our family appreciates them so much. Please continue to include Tyler in your prayers. He is not out of the woods just yet but he's on the path and God is leading the way. Every hour of every day (particularly between now and Sunday night when he reaches the five day window) are critical times with his brain injury, according to his neurosurgeon. For those of you who are parents, you can probably imagine how Elton and I feel. We'd both trade places with our child in a heartbeat if we could. But we can't because we're not in control. God is in control and we have the peace of knowing that God is good.

Our family is blessed by you and we thank you. All six of us thank you.

Mary, Elton, Linzi, Cassidy, Kenneth & Tyler
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Lauren,

Thanks for the update. This is any parents worst nightmare however glad to hear that things are getting better.

Comment

Prayers from here, also. May we continue to hear good news.

Comment

((((HUGS & PRAYERS)))) My heart and prayers go out to all of you.

Comment

Prayers anr said and sent your way and will be continued until all is well.

Comment

I'm just getting to this message but wow, sounds like he's come a long way. I hate to hear of any kid going through such trauma. God has his reasons that we just can't figure out at the time. Prayers out to the continued recovery.

Comment

I"m praying for the boys, their families, and friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X