how do I look from here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I look from here??

on dial up, in louisiana?? it's icky here. Gustav has torn up baton rouge.
    I'm at dads.... things are tense, but I keep my distance and let him visit with the kids.

there wasn't any traffic, it was a smooth ride here, 18 wheelers are crazy drivers, and I don't think they should be allowed to drive while on the cell phone. several swurve we were near miss 3 times. crazy.

but we're here.
    Dh stayed behind.

weds morning when we got up we were told no school until monday, and mandatory evacuation for freeport / surfside texas. that's about 8 miles from me.
    i read my last thread where i was leaving, i forget who said they lived in galveston county, my aunt cousin julie and laura live there, no they were't evac'd when we were.
    I am in brazoria county. which is all mandatory now.

I am thankful i got out when I did. i beat the traffic.
    san antanio is 4 hours from me, when we evac'd for rita three years ago, it took us 19 hours to get there.
    thankfully texas has changed the evacuation plans and things seem to be better now.
    my cousin's have left today. julie went to lake charles, took her some time, about 4 hours longer than usual. not too bad considerating.

Dh has the windows all boarded up. turns out, there are 6 other neighbors who have done the same thing as we did. wives and kids have left and the men stayed behind.
    mark invited everyone over to eat my food from the freezer lol
    oh well. i brought a lot of it with me, anything i lose will be ok. it's more time involved than money in there right now

loks like the storm has changed a little, yesterday/lat night stormpulse.com showed it was going right up my driveway.

i try not to freak out, i try to hold back my tears. DD2 is upset more than anything. we have agreed not to talk about it in a harsh negetive way in front of her. it only makes things worse for her. she's worried about her car, her dog, her room, and her flute, or all things.
    once i told her if her car is ruined we'll get a new one, she was ok with it, and wants a volvo C30 lol

things are tense for me, with dad, but tollerable. it's all his doing that he's ticked about. he's wrong and he knows it. sad to see a hurricane is what it took to make him come around, and i really don't know where it will be for us after i leave.

so, just popping in for now, don't know when i'll be able to get back here as i try to keep my distance and not get in their space, his girlfriend who lives with him (for the past year) is really sweet, i like her tons, her name is Millie, i just love that name.
    she's just so freaking adorable. DD brought her a goodie bag of bath and body works stuff. she's like a kid in a candy store with it all. DD gets all the tester stuff, most of it is hardly used.

ok, got to run.
    hope the rest of you on the coast are safe as well.
    not sure who all that is, but stay safe !!! will be here when I can.
    hugs to all.
    stella.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: how do I look from here??

((((Hugs back)))) Stay safe. And maybe just walk up to your dad and give him one of your hugs too. Just because.
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Stella, I remember during Hurricane Rita, I had a friend and coworker who's elderly parents lived somewhere near Houston and were evacuated and tried to get here to the DFW area. They lived only 4 1/2 hours or so from here. After over 12 hours of sitting in the traffic to get here, her Father had a Stroke in the car. Somehow, I don't remember how, they were able to get to a Hospital, but had no way to contact my friend for HOURS... She was a walking panic attack!!! He did recover and lived for another year....

Take care of yourself and the kiddos. Prayers for your Hubby that he stays safe...
      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Good to hear from you Stella, hang in there, ((( Stella )))

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Stella - I pray that your family members stay safe and you have minimal damage when you get home.
          Last edited by Puppy Breath; 09-11-2008, 07:14 PM. Reason: left out a word
          My mother's menu consisted of two choices - take it or leave it!

Comment

Thoughts & prayers are with ya, Stella! I got family down there too, & we're all keepin' on, keepin' on with our down south kin here in the north & midwest! Huggies.....
            "WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Comment

I might be a little behind the rest in giving you my {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} but I still mean it just the same.

My prayers and thoughts are with you all. Hopefully, you will brave the storm both on the land and in your heart!!!

~Kathy~
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

I'm glad you made it to your dad's safely - sometimes things are just meant to be - maybe this is one of those times - you and your dad might just end up closer.

(((((you)))))

yoiu and yoiur family are in my prayers.

Comment

Stella, keep us updated, hope it's just a few days, you can do it and keep the family all calm. Let's hope it isn't a bad storm & you can pack up fast & get home. I know it's stressful right now.

Comment

all the best Stella....stay safe.
                    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Hoping all is safe for you and yours...prayers sent your way.

Comment

Stella, stay safe-you and yours are in my prayers!
                        Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Working...
                        X