Hurricane IKE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane IKE!

I have family & extended family in the path of this hurricane (from Gulfport,MS to Houston/Texas City, TX). What are you Gulf Coast posters doing in this crisis?
    "WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Re: Hurricane IKE!

I'm not on the coast, but I do live in SW La. You either evacuate, if it's mandantory, or stay. This is my third hurricane that I'm going through. If you do stay, you buy a generator and enough gas to power it. Have plenty of food(non-perishable) and water. We had our whole house wired to run on a generator if need be.

Comment

My 24 year old son and his partner lives just north of Houston. He works in Houston. I tried to get them to come up here for a long weekend. I am just praying and keeping my fingers crossed.
      Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

i have family all over the gulf coast.
        we've lived with this our entire lives...

family in galveston, dickenson, texas city, league city, beaumont, orange, lakecharles,
        port allen, baton rouge, where i am now.. gulfport, biloxi, pensacola, and gulf breeze florida.

we just leave the area.
        what else can we do?

until rita, i never had to evacuate however..
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Working...
        X