anyone have a Lotus Sanitizer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have a Lotus Sanitizer??

My ozone generator just expired. I need to get another. Has anyone used the Lotus Sanitizing System? It is sold by Costco so I can get my money back if I am unhappy, but I am leaning towards a different machine. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.
    Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Re: anyone have a Lotus Sanitizer??

detritus, clue us in on what you have and maybe we'll find an answer for you? Laura

Comment

Originally posted by lampladies View Post
      detritus, clue us in on what you have and maybe we'll find an answer for you? Laura
      I found one on qvc. http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.aol_refer.false.tpl.detail.msn_refer.false. item.M105929.ref.GBA?cm_ven=GOOGLEBASE&cm_cat=Cooking%20&cm_pla=Kitchen%20Tools&cm_ite=M105929

First I've ever heard of these.
      The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

I read about ozone generators a couple years ago. The more I read, the more I decided that I needed one. It produces ozone that kills pathogens faster than bleach, but it leaves no residue. Here is part of an article that appeared in the newspaper today.

Ozone gas may be E. coli kryptonite
        DIGESTING RESEARCH ON LEAFY GREENS
        By Tracie Cone
        Associated Press
        Article Launched: 09/11/2008 06:34:53 PM PDT

MONTEREY Ozone gas, commonly used to disinfect wine barrels, also could help the produce industry keep the nation's salad clean.

Research on E. coli transmission released Thursday said ozone gas is faster and more effective than chlorinated water at sanitizing leafy greens. Scientists said it could be pumped into cooling vacuums where lettuce is stored after arriving from the fields.

"This is great, it's really simple to do," said Steve Scaroni, a grower and shipper who works in California and Mexico. "This could be the answer."

Scaroni was among 300 food industry executives, growers and regulators who gathered in Monterey to learn the results of the $2 million research, funded by Fresh Express, in response to the 2006 E. coli outbreak in spinach that killed three people, sickened 200 others and cost the leafy greens industry about $80 million.

Fresh Express was not linked to the 2006 spinach recall but funded the studies to help the industry avoid another outbreak.

Among the research findings:

Contamination can spread during washing, cutting and the tumble drying of greens, and chlorinated water alone isn't enough to kill the pathogens.
        ----------------

I ozonate all my produce, and nobody I know has a Lotus. So I decided to turn to the people who know a little bit about everything.
        Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Working...
        X