Tired of your lunch being stolen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired of your lunch being stolen?

This company has brought out a lunch baggie that makes your sandwich look moldy so no one will steal it! lol It's sad that someone had to do that because of the deadbeats out there stealing lunches!

http://www.slashfood.com/2008/09/12/anti-theft-lunchbag/

Re: Tired of your lunch being stolen?

I used to bring a can of coke with me to work and put it in the fridge in the teachers lounge, in a bag with my name on it and it was stolen more then once. I finally put my coke in the art teachers fridge that she had in her room. Someone finally told me who it was or who they thought it was, but I had no real proof. Yes, it is very sad when people do that , but not uncommon from what I found out.

Comment

You mean that happens everywhere? I thought it was just teacher's lunchrooms!

Comment

It use to happen at our work all the time, the person who did it isn't there anymore. We'd have our name on the drink/lunch, and it'd disappear! This person always cleared the breakroom of all it's plastic silverware and paper plates!

Comment

I work at an assisted living facility & our minimum wage aides would never dream of stealing food or drinks from their co-workers. After 2 1/2 years, I've never even heard of anyone stealing from the residents, either.
          Last edited by Manzanita; 09-12-2008, 06:10 PM.
          "WHEN FASCISM COMES TO AMERICA IT WILL BE WRAPPED IN THE FLAG AND CARRYING A CROSS." -SINCLAIR LEWIS

Comment

Yes, my dears, lunches are being pilfered all over the land, reatil store breakroom refridges included. I love the idea of the moldy bag, but with any luck on my side!!!! my sammy'd be tossed in fear of a bio haz mat problem!!!Laura

Comment

Oh, this would have been a great idea at my last job. People had lunches stolen, EATEN FROM AND THEN PUT BACK!!, and even thrown in the trash.....There was a camera in our lunch room, but it was only aimed at the back door! When people complained, they were told that they couldn't turn the camera towards the door, because that would "invade" people's privacy!! BUT - they did finally buy all the managers and supervisors their very own mini-fridges.

Oh, also.. They had to start locking the cabinets that they kept the Coffee, cream, and sweeteners. Apparently, someone was stealing those too! They still wouldn't turn the camera back. They just kept everything under lock and key, and of course, the idiot with the key, never came in to work until we were all already there. So, most of the time, there was no coffee, or cream, or sweetener. That's when I started stopping on my way to work to buy my own coffee.

I thank God every day that I am no longer at that Hell-Hole. Corporate BS. I will NEVER work for a large company again. I plan on being at my current job until I die! I LOVE MY JOB..
              Last edited by LaurenB; 09-12-2008, 10:09 PM.
              Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I cant imagine stealing someones lunch! You have no idea how some folks keep their kitchens or how old their food could be! They dont steal lunches at my job, but canned sodas will definately disappear! If I take one with me, I have to hide it in my tote bag in my locker and then go find a cup of ice for it, or either buy one out of the machine at work.

Comment

here's how to cache them if its a Coke use red ink or a Pepsi use blue ink put the can in the bag with your name on the bag like before, then rub the ink all over the can, the soda being in the frig. will not let the ink dry and Bingo! you will cache them red or blue handed. BUSTED!!
                  "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

I would bring a soda in shake it up alot, putting in fridge and watch for a wet pissed off person!!

Comment

This topic was on our local radio station recently. People called in to tell how they handled it. One person made a sandwich and put a tampon in the middle so the person who stole it would find a surprise. Another person said she brought a half pint of O.J. in everyday and someone was drinking it. She decided to open it and pee inside and close it back up. She said the person stole it that day and never did it again.

Comment

My DH had a friend who told the story of his roommate always eating stuff out of the refrig that the friend has bought or made. So he mixed up a nice looking batch of what looked like tuna salad, only he used cat food. Of course the stealer ate it, then the friend told him what it was. That was the end of that.

Comment

This is amazing how it happens everywhere and not just where I work. How do people have such nerve to even do this sort of thing?

Comment

I don't know how people can do that. I am WAY too paranoid about food! I need to know where it came from, who made it, when it was made, etc. You know??
                            Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyS View Post
                              My DH had a friend who told the story of his roommate always eating stuff out of the refrig that the friend has bought or made. So he mixed up a nice looking batch of what looked like tuna salad, only he used cat food. Of course the stealer ate it, then the friend told him what it was. That was the end of that.
                              OMG!!! I just told my daughter about this. She thought it was a hoot! ROFL
                              Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

Working...
                              X