Once you make something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once you make something...

I was just wondering if you make remarks on your recipe sheets. I know after following a recipe for the first time, I come to my recipe file on the computer and make the necessary "tweeks". I also date the recipe as to when I made this and who I made it for (i.e.: DH 50th birthday on 7/29/2008, 5/21/1986 - Nana's 80th birthday). Also, if I follow a recipe for the 1st time and we don't like it I make the remark in my cookbooks or if its on the computer I'll just delete it.

My family used to make fun of me until DD and DIL were going thru an old recipe book and pointed out several recipes and started remembering those fun times we had.

Does anyone else do this?
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Re: Once you make something...

Ro Ro, great minds think alike. I make notes on the tweeking of too much salt,too loose, ect. I only date the important events in the house, what was served to guests of honor and such, so I do not duplicate the menu. Laura

Comment

If it's something I want to make again, I will make comments on the spices if I think they are off a little bit.

Comment

I do the same thing. I don't add salt to my soups if I use chicken broth from a can. I think its salty enough. I also tweek my recipes and write beside them what I did. I will date them too at times. My problem is I find a good recipes, print and then put it in my recipe drawer and forget about it. When I go to look for it months later or even years, I can't find it nor remember the name.

Comment

when i try a recipe, I highlight the title both in the index in the back of the cookbook and on the recipe title itself. I also pencil in the changes and if the recipe was "X", "good" or "ok".

Comment

I really don't do anything as far as writing notes because there are so many recipes from over the years that I just "make" but don't really follow a written recipe. That's probably because a lot of them are ethnic recipes from my relatives and you know how that goes, "a pinch of this, a dash of that".

However, I am in the midst of organizing my bizillions of recipes into a Family Cookbook for my DD and also making a duplicate one for myself. You all have given me some really great ideas on "documenting" though, so it will make my Family Cookbook even more outstanding!!! Thanks!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Yep, I make notes. I also write "Keeper" on top if it's really exceptional.

Comment

Working...
              X