Wow, My Prayers For All You Texans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, My Prayers For All You Texans

I hope you all evacuated. I am so sorry for the devistation to many towns in Texas. I especially hope the people with kids evacuated. What a mess to have to endure and I'm sure others such as myself feel useless just sitting here watching on the news as to what is going on and not helping in some way.

Re: Wow, My Prayers For All You Texans

I was just thinking the same thing!!!!
    All you peeps, stay safe and listen to the evacuation rules! I am worried because I know we have ALOT of Ck'ers in the Lone star state....STAY SAFE!!!!!

Billy, dont be a hero...dont be a fool with your life!!!

Comment

I fared really well. Ike decided to go in north of me, so I got the dry side of it....and I do mean dry. I didn't get a drop of rain and the worst that happened is that my green pecans got blown off the trees. Dang it, I was gonna have a bumper crop this year.
      But I am really not complaining. I feel sorry for those in Houston to Louisianna. It looked really bad on TV.
      Last edited by AllieK; 09-13-2008, 08:43 AM.

Comment

We have been flipping between the weather channel and the Today show this morning viewing the devastation. Not only my prayers have been said but my sympathy goes to those Texans. The longest we were without power was eight days in 2005 and we thought it was awful. The weather channel has said some areas may be with no power for up to three weeks. Hoping to hear in the next few days (weeks) that all our CK family makes it through with minimal problems.

Comment

Glad youre safe Allie, and all others from TX are in my prayers. I've been looking at pictures this morning of some who chose to stay and have their pictures taken in risky positions...like standing there while a wall of water is coming up behind them. It just amazes me how stupid some people can be!

Comment

I wouldn't have stayed if I was in a place that could have have gotten hit with the surge. My house if 52 ft. above sea level, so I wasn't in any danger of that. I too saw where people stayed right on the islands. That's just stupid. That storm surge is what kills most people during hurricanes

Comment

Good for you Allie. I hope all our other posters in that area are safe also.

Comment

I know it must be so very difficult to walk away from one's home when an evacuation is mandated. However, all too often rescuers must literally risk their lives to get to these people after the storm has passed.

As difficult as times are now for all of us $$-wise, I personally will donate what I can to the Salvation Army, the charity of my choice and hope many others find a few extra dollars to donate to some charity that will be helping these people in the recovery period.

Comment

Mew, you hit it on the nose exactly. Its as if a magnet is drawing you to your home and its not as easy as everyone thinks as just to walk away. It sounds crazy, you know, take care of your life first, but there is some kind of force just pulling you to stay home maybe thinking it will happen to somebody else but not me or nothing is going to make me run away, I don't know what it is but there is definitely a pull to stay home and very hard to leave.

Even when I evacuated Charlie in Florida, afterwards I had the same pull to want to go back home immediately. I'll be the first to admit it was stupid but you have the pull to do it. I ended up totalling my car because street signs were down and luckily I wasn't hurt.

Comment

They dont even TRY to evacuate us here...on Long Island. They KNOW it will never work. 2 main roads out and WAAAAAAYYYY to many cars to assemble! You should see just the rush hour on a Monday morning

Comment

Hope all the people in the path of the hurricane don't have too much of a mess to clean up. My inlaws had a house flood several years ago, and I know what a job it is to clean it up

Comment

Working...
                      X