Going to the Fair...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the Fair...

Good morning all! We're taking a break from the unpacking nightmare today, and heading for the L.A. Country Fair. Corn dogs, lemonade, BBQ corn and funnel cakes, among other things, are in store for me today. I've been doing very well losing weight the last few months. (11 pounds) Today is a free day. If I gain a few, I can lose them later.

Rick and Monte are already there helping our favorite KJ friend, Helen set up her Karaoke booth. She won KJ of The Year Last year. I'll be going in later. The weather is perfect again today, IMO, anyway. Not hot!! Yay! I really hate going to the Fair when it's hot.

What's your favorite "Fair food"? I'd have to say it's a corn dog for me.
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Re: Going to the Fair...

Fair Food is so bad.....but oh sooooo good!

Enjoy your day.
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Wow, Bette, sounds like you have a GREAT day you have in store for yourself, and I envy your weather there. Sure wish you'd send some "Californie" weather to PA. We seem to be situated in such a place on the weather systems that we are getting hit with the tail end or middle of all these hurricanes!!!! Have a wonderful time at the fair and CONGRATS on the weight loss!!!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

I miss the LA County Fair. We lived in Chino, then Alta Loma, Dad was a cop when we lived in Chino, he worked the fair, We'd get in free, riding in the police car into the fair. We had a ball, I'd always make them take me to the show barns and buy me some goat milk. I've always hated cows milk, but I remember loving the goat milk. I couldn't tell you what it tastes like now.

Have fun and think of me!! lol

Comment

Bette,

Have a great time!! It really is a perfect day to go.

and have a corn dog for me too!!!! I love FAIR CORN DOGS!!

Comment

My favorite fair food is the funnel cake!! I've never tried the fried twinkies or candy bars. Let me know if they have any there! Sounds like you're going to have a great day. Have fun!
            Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

Lemon shake ups, I know I could make them at home, but they taste so much better at the fair.

Comment

What are lemon shake ups and just how would you make them at home wellsms?
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

They are basically a lemonade, but at the fair, of course, they squeeze the lemon in front of you, pour in some sugar water (?) probably, add ice, and put a cup on top of the paper cup and shake it up for you. It is just lemonade really.

Comment

My favorite fair food is a candy apple. I love them.

Comment

Funnel Cake!!

Comment

Hot Cinnamon Buns with the frosting!!!!! oh ya wish i had one...

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea View Post
                          My favorite fair food is the funnel cake!! I've never tried the fried twinkies or candy bars. Let me know if they have any there! Sounds like you're going to have a great day. Have fun!
                          Oh, yes! Funnel cakes are the best. I had to have one before coming home last night. I had indigestion big time from everything I ate yesterday, but well worth it to me!

Sweet Pea, they do have Fried Snickers bars there, but I was good and didn't eat any of those. I had a huge shrimp cocktail, corn dog with the best lemonade in the world, BBQ corn on the cob, and a large funnel cake. Also snacked on some corn nuts that I brought with me, while watching the karaoke singers. We had a great time, but I'm so tired today. I'm thinking about a nap after I wash the dishes. Rick is STILL sleeping.

So far, the scale says I haven't gained from all the eating yesterday. Back on my eating plan again.
                          Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Working...
                          X