Products you miss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Products you miss!

I was reading this on MSN. People were talking about products that are no longer made or products that they could no longer find. What products do you miss??

I use to love to drink Cleary Canadian (flavored water) and Cheerwine (cherry flavored drink).

Re: Products you miss!

One of the grocery stores here used to carry Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies that was so good. They quit carrying it and, when I asked why, they said it had been discontinued. Why, I have no clue. Believe it was Best Choice brand. I've tried the name brands, but none come close to that one. Also used to love Grapette in the 6 oz. bottles. It's still made, but can't find the bottles, & cans aren't the same.

Comment

It's gotta be the original scent Herbal Essence shampoo back in the early 70's it was out, I had long, long hair and would use that shampoo, everyone would comment how good my hair smelled, and the smell would stay right till the next wash. Hmm, while I'm on shampoo's some others would be Body on Tap, Lemon Up, and Gee! Your Hair Smells Terrific.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Hey Mudderbear look on Vermont country store, they sell different shampoos.

My mom also talks about the grapettes in the bottles.

Comment

I miss Nabisco's APPLE Newtons....they were better (imo) than any of the other Newtons, but I haven't seen them for years. I peek every once in awhile at the store, but I'm sure they're discontinued. They keep coming out with new varieties, but I need the APPLE back! BTW, I've seen other company versions and haven't found anything the same. Oh well. Bummer!!

Comment

Mine would be Spatini Spaghetti Mix, which I had a thread on here about a week or two ago. I'm also having trouble finding Sugar Free Tang too. Although recently I received a coupon for Sugar FreeTang in those little individual packets like Crystal Light has out only this is fortified with electrolytes.....go figure. Take the regular SF Tang off the shelves just to "reinvent" it with additives!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

My DH is still in mourning over the loss of his Seven Seas Creamy Italian. I really miss "Chicken Tonight", the Country French flavor.. And the Chicken by George. Anyone remember that? It was the perfect portion for one, it cooked quick, and the flavors were awesome....
              Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Birch Beer from Wendy's. Maybe they still have it in other locations but not in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by LaurenB View Post
                  My DH is still in mourning over the loss of his Seven Seas Creamy Italian. I really miss "Chicken Tonight", the Country French flavor.. And the Chicken by George. Anyone remember that? It was the perfect portion for one, it cooked quick, and the flavors were awesome....
                  When DH and I first got married we ate alot of Chicken tonight!

Comment

Bonomo's Turkish Taffy.

Nonfood item is the disposable cutting "mats" that either Saran or Glad had out for perhaps 12-18 months. I thought they were the best idea to come down the line in a long long time particularly when dealing with poultry or raw meat.

Comment

I remember Chicken by George, had forgotten all about it. Talk about blast from the past, and yes, it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by mew View Post
                        Bonomo's Turkish Taffy.

Nonfood item is the disposable cutting "mats" that either Saran or Glad had out for perhaps 12-18 months. I thought they were the best idea to come down the line in a long long time particularly when dealing with poultry or raw meat.
                        go to this site if you want some taffy!

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/bonomo.htm

Nicki

Comment

Had my hopes up there for a brief minute. It just verified what I knew. It went out of production in 1989.

Comment

Apple Slice pop made by Pepsi. It was the best!
                            Tom's Apple Shampoo
                            Little Debbie Lemon Cupcakes. Why they quit making these is beyond me.

Someone mentioned "Chicken by George". I used to buy those too until I discovered how easy it was to make it myself. I still do - Country Mustard Dill was my favorite. Slather a breast with dijon mustard and then sprinkle with dill, fresh or dried. Seal ina Foodsaver bag and freeze. Want Italian? Use your favorite Italizan dressing and seal in a Foodsaver bag. Terriaki? Use Kikkomann. Lemon Parsley? Squeeze fresh lemon and foodsave it with fresh or dried parsley. It really does turn out good.

Comment

Originally posted by wessnicki View Post
                              I was reading this on MSN. People were talking about products that are no longer made or products that they could no longer find. What products do you miss??

I use to love to drink Cleary Canadian (flavored water) and Cheerwine (cherry flavored drink).
                              Clearly Canadian made a come back, did they not? It's available in my area.

http://www.clearly.ca/files/products.php

He drew a circle that shut me out -
                              Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
                              But Love and I had the wit to win:
                              We drew a circle that took him in.
                              -Edwin Markham

Comment

Working...
                              X