How Do You Get Rid of ANTS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Get Rid of ANTS??

We've had an ant problem for about a week now and can't seem to get rid of them. DH bought some ant bait and that took care of one trail of ants but then they come back somewhere else in the kitchen. It seems like we're just feeding them. And some ant trails just ignore the bait.

Is there a certain brand that's better than others? And what about any 'natural' stuff that I can put at the source or where they come into the kitchen?

Re: How Do You Get Rid of ANTS??

We had a prob with carpenter ants awhile ago in the bathroom, I found sawdust on the floor (our bathroom is done in board/batten cedar, ceiling & walls) I just went crazy spraying Raid, all natural ingredients bug spray. So far, so good.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

i read somewhere that ants will not cross a chalk line.....maybe?

Comment

When I lived in NJ I always just used ground black pepper.

Comment

I sprinkle baking soda on the counter top when I have the problem and it seems to take a day or 2 but it works for me!

Comment

TERRO ant syrup/poison. I put it out. Ants eat it (usually for about 12 hours), next day all ants are GONE-and don't come back. Occasionally a new nest will find their way in, but usually just once or twice a season and POOF.

Comment

If you have them around your house outside sprinkle corn meal around and they take it back to the colony and share it but the can't digestive it so it kills them all..

Comment

The Raid brand ant traps worked for us. But we also put them out immediately every spring. And we don't seem to have a problem. I remember the first year in this house and I thought I would lose my mind over the ants.

Good luck!
                dragun

Comment

Originally posted by Machele View Post
                  TERRO ant syrup/poison. I put it out. Ants eat it (usually for about 12 hours), next day all ants are GONE-and don't come back. Occasionally a new nest will find their way in, but usually just once or twice a season and POOF.
                  That's what I used in every place i've lived from indiana to the gulf of mexico and every where in between it the best stuff!!!

Comment

put common bay leaves out. also in cabnets. works ever time. trust me...

Comment

You have to find where they are coming from. Go outside and look at the slab (if you have one), or the blocks under the house. Now if you live second floor of an apartment it is more difficult.
                      If you do not have pets, get Amdro and put it out. Ants will take the bait back to the queen and it will kill her and then the hill will die out. It takes awhile though.
                      You need ot get something that is taken back to the hill.
                      There is a product in a little tube that is good. It's called Terro. I've seen it at WalMart

Comment

if you know where they are coming in,just sprinkle some cayenne pepper around,insects and animals like squirrels hate it, lol

Comment

LOL, local pest control company, works for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Lol....same here. Buy the time you spend a fortune on trying every product that doesn't work you could have paid for and solved the problem with the pest control co.
                            The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Thats what I was thinking!! We already have a contract with them and to have them come out for something in between treatments is free of charge...It is very reasonable - we pay $45 a quarter.

Comment

Working...
                              X